Discovery stopped working

Hello! I'm using TVe from Xfinity. The Discovery Channel stops working every few weeks. Updating Chrome and rescanning eventually fixes it. I'm just wondering if there is anything I can do to make it a little more reliable.

Not really man. Hasn't worked for me in months after repeated scans. Some users are running scripts during idle time to rescan channels. That's probably about the closest you can get. Have a look through the Xfinity tve thread.

What are you using for a server that you have to keep updating chrome on?

Since I turned this Xfinity setting on, my Discovery Network channels have been re-authing automatically as needed (every 7-8 days)

If you have both Xfinity Internet and Xfinity TV it should be ON, if only Xfinity TV and a different ISP it should be OFF.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll take a look and give an update. I have Xfinity internet and their streaming cable service. Previously it was just internet. I’m running the server on a dedicated windows PC. I’m not sure if Chrome is always part of the problem, but sometimes it takes several rescans to get it working. Updating chrome was a fix I saw on here.

I gave up on Xfinity and switched to Hulu live and frndly. It’s cheaper than what I was paying Comcast and I got all of the channels we were interested in.

Unfortunately I went with Comcast because it has my regional sports network. Their app and cloud DVR is terrible though. Channels was a big savior for that. It's actually a little cheaper for me than separate internet and streaming services. We'll see what happens when my package is up and it's suddenly no longer available.

Youtube TV was great for a while. $35 a month and local sports. Then they took away local sports and doubled the cost. I really like Philo but unfortunately I'm a little too far to get a good over the air signal. I'm hoping when (if) ATSC3 arrives it will be a little stronger.

I prefer Comcast/Xfinity ... GET HBOMAX and Peacock Plus Showtime anytime and can download premium movies from those with Playon/AnyStream . PLUS TVE.

To Get all those separately would be expensive.

I haven’t used Playon in many years. I should take a look again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.