Duplicate thumbnails

If I add a directly. should that show up in the log? because nothing does.

What do your local content settings look like?

they are blank currently. but I am going to have to try doing this via local since it's end of work day and wife will want to watch her shows.

I did notice on the dvr storage paths, there is just a save, but on the local, there is an import... would that make a difference? as soon as I click import. they are now coming in when I do local content.

Did you install Channels DVR when you were running DSM 6 and then updated to DSM 7?

DSM 6. should I uninstall and install again now that I am on DSM 7? I can do this tomorrow while at work. can't mess with it now that wife wants to use it. no playing anymore.

I actually want to put channels on the new SSD's I got and keep the HDD for storage. so need ot figure out how to move synology program off the HDD and install to the SDD.

I am back up on local content.

Actually the old Channels DVR package (that runs as user root) still works on DSM 7.
It's just that if you have to reinstall Channels DVR you need the new v1.1.0 Synology packagae that runs as system internal user channels.

so if it's running as root, then it would have privilege to the folder(s) in question. And again, if it's pulling from these folders if I pick local content but not if I pick DVR storage path, I don't think it's a privilege issue as both requests would be from the same user. I suspect there is still a bug with the dvr storage path and it not importing the info as it does with local content.

Surely not a permissions issue. We both thought since you were running DSM 7 you were using the new Channels DVR 1.1.0 Synology package.

When you add a secondary staorage location and move recordings to it, it doesn't "import" them. It already knows it recorded them and has them in its database. It just now needs to look in two places for the recordings.

1 Like

When you add a DVR storage path there is no importing that happens. You used the purge earlier to delete the database entries, so they're gone now. To use additional storage, you have to leave the database intact and only move the files.

1 Like

gotcha. I only purged earlier due to the bug of the volume2 not showing up for dvr storage. So is there no way for me to resync the purged info I removed with the new new DVR storage path? Or can I only use the local storage to import the old content?

Only way to restore would be to go to an older backup. Otherwise you have to use imports

Thanks for the assist. I don't have a back up I believe. So I'll just do the imports. All good.

Blame the wife. She was rushing you so she could watch her stuff :grinning:
And IF you restore from a backup, it won't contain what was recorded since the backup was made.

oh she had words... since I purged the "previously recorded" was missing and then when she clicked on tv shows it was still building the database. Hey, if i didn't have to keep 100 hallmark movies, I wouldn't have to shift things around. I mean they all are identical right? so I think I would just need to save 1 movie. :wink:

2 Likes