DVR 2017.01.05.0709 Feedback

Change to hide shows in Up Next doesn’t work.

Prefer newest vs oldest is good for news shows

Being able to suppress commercial detection by show (pass) is handy, would also like to see suppression option for all Movies, as I use MCEBuddy to strip comms, but only on Movies. Still want comskip on most shows, as we watch and delete (no archiving).

OK, maybe I’m dense this morning, but I cannot locate these new options. I have 2017.01.05.0709 running, where are they specifically so that I can test with them?

I have lost my 2 extend tuners since the update. I can get to them via ip address but my dvr can not see them.

They are inside each show, under the gear drop down in the web UI. Click Recordings tab, Unwatched Shows, click on a show and then click the gear.

No changes were made to HDHR discovery in this version. The DVR will attempt to find HDHRs every hour, or you can force a scan from the web UI Settings tab.

Thanks. I see the options now. Was thinking it might make sense to have these options (at least the comskip) in the schedule and/or passes section in the web ui.

No way to do this in the UI, but you can run this in Terminal to disable comskip for all movies:

curl --data-binary '{"IgnoreCommercials":true}' http://localhost:8089/dvr/groups/movies
1 Like

Fantastic, thanks

So, I am confused, particularily by the comskip option. If you set commercial detection in the recordings page it seems as if this is too late to stop detection. What I see happening on the running system is the recording is made and comskip starts immediately after the recording is complete. So what effect would deselecting commercial detection have on an existing recording?

The option is per Show, not per recording. So any new recordings for that Show would not run comskip after the recording finished.

OK, that helps. I guess it is where it lives in the UI that is throwing me off.

Same for me, until I kept looking.