DVR not marking shows as watched?

It seems that recently, I have to mark each episode I watch as "watched" manually. I've seen this through the browser, as well as from an Apple TV client. I have also recently changed the DVR to only keep unwatched items, and wasn't sure if this would cause that to change as well. I'm currently running 2021.08.13.0204 on Windows 10.

Have you changed your end padding practices recently? I believe that can have an effect.

Not for these particular shows. I thought it had something to do with imported shows (formerly used Plex for OTA), but it happened with a few shows I recorded OTA the past few days.

There is in fact a bug in the latest release. We’ll report back when it’s resolved. Sorry.

1 Like

No problem at all! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy. I appreciate all that you guys do!

This has been resolved in the latest pre-release.

It has also been adjusted so imports and movies get marked as watched a bit more reliably.

2 Likes

How close to the end of a video do you need to be for it to be marked as watched when you back out of it?

60 seconds for any recording.
2 minutes for an imported tv show.
10 minutes for an imported movie.

3 Likes

Just to clarify, it’s based on the length of the recording/import, and doesn’t use the guide end time at all, correct?

Thanks for the update!