DVR On Airport Extreme 2TB Router?

1 hour of video can be as much as 12GB. So 10hr would be the max you could record. Thumb drives aren’t the best for read/write speeds, but would probably work fine for your use-case.

Ok. I looked and it’s usb 3.0, and there’s also a 256 for not much more but doesn’t show speeds. $48

Just get a 1TB hard drive for that price.

It’s just the ease of portability…moving a laptop with a thumb drive in much easier than an always plugged in with cable external

The ones that are about $50-$55 you don’t need to plug into the wall, just the laptop.

I am moving from Tablo to Channels DVR, mainly because I’m not happy with how slow the interface is, the occasional (it’s gotten better but still…) delay in audio with the video (sometimes the audio does not match the mouth movement…kind of annoying), and also because Channels DVR offers commercial skip (something we have missed since leaving TiVo to go to Tablo).

My wife and I have gone from owning a TiVo Bolt with 3 TiVo Mini’s, to Tablo, and now to Channels DVR. I’d say that in a nutshell, we have tried just about everything except for Plex.

I’ve been told that Plex runs very bloated, and has a bunch of stuff you may or may not use…and that Live TV and DVR is not very good. Anybody out there want to correct me on any of the above? I’m new to Channels, but I did the TiVo thing for 6 years, Tablo for almost 2 years.

1 Like