DVR recording jumbled when watching in progress

I truly miss my fios dvr. With channnels, I am unable to record a show, then start watching it so I can fast forward thru commercials. It gets all jumbled and freezes. It’s quite aggravating. The only way to watch your recorded program is to wait until it’s fully recorded, then go in to recordings and watch it. Does anybody know how to resolve this issue. I’m not a techy, so simple instructions would be helpful. Thank you

You definitely can watch recordings that are still in progress, but you’re right in that it has bugs when trying to fast forward, etc. However, for me this has been an issue only when trying to play an in-progress recording from the guide. If you go into the recordings tab, select the in-progress recording and play it from there, then it works as expected. I don’t know why it behaves differently, but give it a go and see if it works for you.

Where do you have the DVR installed? I don’t see a DVR subscription on your account.

There is a known issue that causes the problems you’re describing on Windows. To fix it, you need to right click on the system tray icon for the DVR and select the “Fix Ethernet Settings” option.

Same problem as above occur for me. I dont see a fix ethernet settings on windows.

Is your DVR computer plugged in or on Wi-Fi?

Check your Ethernet flow control settings like so: Windows DVR BUG: Glitches during recording

Hi,
So when I go into tabs and find recordings tab, the only options there are: up next, recently recorded, and new movies…how do I find what your talking about?

It’s installed on my computer

Wifi

What kind of computer is it? The option I’m talking about is on windows computers in the system tray where the clock lives.

Honestly this sounds like a Wi-Fi issue. It is strongly recommended that you plug in your DVR because it uses a lot of bandwidth.

[quote=“Grazsix6, post:6, topic:3082, full:true”]
Hi,
So when I go into tabs and find recordings tab, the only options there are: up next, recently recorded, and new movies…how do I find what your talking about?
[/quote]When you are watching a recording that’s still in progress, where are you starting it from? If you start playing it from the guide tab, I often see the issue you’re describing. But if you go into the recordings tab and start watching the same recording from there, it works normally for me.

How am I supposed to plug in my dvr when I’m using “channels” dvr that is built in!?

Channels DVR is software that you install on a computer or NAS. Where did you install it?

It’s installed on my laptop

Okay, and I assume your laptop is connected to your network via Wi-Fi. If your Wi-Fi router does not support 802.11ac, or the laptop is far away, this can cause the types of issues you are seeing. It is recommend that you connect your DVR laptop directly to your router by plugging it in using an ethernet cord (the same type of cord that connects your HDHomeRun to your router).

Ok so I will try this…and you think this will solve the problem of not being able to watch shows as they are being recorded?

Also, am I able to record a program that has already started, if so, how?

Also, I was watching to fine, just switched a channel and the show won’t come on…it says “tuner in use”

Yes, using an Ethernet cable for your DVR will stop recordings from becoming jumbled.

To record a show already in progress, click and hold on the remote.

If it says “tuner in use”, that means all the tuners in your hdhomerun box are busy recording or watching. You can stop recordings by going to the DVR tab and clicking into Schedule.