Linux
(kernel: 3.10.105)

CPU:
4 cores / Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D2700 @ 2.13GHz
load averages: 0.79 0.86 1.01

RAM:
988.61 MB
44.1% free

Does your version of DSM have Container Station?

Maybe it's just called Docker in the Package Center.

If so you can try to run the fancybits/channels-dvr:tve docker container instead and see if that works better.

Installed Docker: fancybits tve, but not sure how/where to access the status/overview page to add/view sources..

Make sure to disable the dvr package installed before.

In the docker config set networking mode to host, then access on port 8089 like you were before.

Got it running, but

Concerns: Running the dvr/tve service on my mac, it detects 178 channels. Running it via Docker/NAS It detects 101. I however subscribe to over 250 channels.

You can click the pencil icon under Cox and then the Edit button to compare.

Is there are specific channels you expect to get but show errors after rescan, email support with a screenshot of the error messages

There are at least 100 errors, mostly "server misbehaving", "encountered exception 'Uncaught' 5:5, as well as some chrome auth_timed_out.

Seems like the TVE feature cannot reliably on your older NAS then. You would have to use your Mac or another device for the DVR.

What are the minimum NAS processor requirements for TVE? And, is an authentication failure really related to the processor - seems like a stretch since it can transcode HD video without even a hiccup...

The issue is likely with the older version of the Linux kernel running on this device (which is 5+ years old). It might be fixable, but it's hard to do without access to a device for testing. If you're comfortable providing us with remote access via SSH then we may be able to look into the issue further.

For recommendations see NAS Recommendations

The Cox login bug on the DS412+ has been fixed in the latest DVR pre-release (v2019.09.10.0019).

Installed and can confirm that it is fixed and works - thank you!

1 Like

Happy New Year!

I went to watch TV today and got some strange url "adobe" errors on screen instead of programming. I went to check settings at http://dvr-diskstation.local:8089/admin/settings, and once again get the "encountered exception 'Uncaught' (5:5)" error that used to show up before the fix in (v2019.09.10.0019).

I can log into cox fine, my credentials/login has not changed....

-Dean

Your dvr is very out of date. Click Check for Update, then click the Log tab and see if any errors appear

States up to date but logs show an error trying to connect to the update server. Strange. Guessing this is affecting authentication as well - going to reset/re-provision my ONT since my network/internet connectivity seems normal otherwise.

(and yes, my synology is old, you have been more than accommodating making this work for me - thank you!)

-Dean

What is the error message shown regarding update

2000/12/31 17:15:49 [SYS] Error checking for update: Get https://channels-dvr.s3.amazonaws.com/latest.json: dial tcp: lookup channels-dvr.s3.amazonaws.com on 192.168.1.1:53: read udp 192.168.254.19:32907->192.168.1.1:53: i/o timeout

That means your dns is not setup correctly preventing internet access

What I thought as well... but long story short, and resetting nas network settings twice, we traced an error in synology's control panel: regional options: time: time setting: synchronize with ntp server, was unable to connect to the standard time.nist.gov server, and therefore would not allow any connections to be made outside the LAN.

NONE of this was reported in any of the synology's log files :skull:.

Changed the NTP to time.google.com and the nas (and channelsdvr) is back in operation.

Sorry for the bother!

-Dean