ESPN+ & FOX Sports with Custom Channels via EPlusTV

I tried adding the custom channels but it error'd out. May be entering something incorrectly. Anyone have example text to add it? Gives me the following error:

invalid source url: Get "http://192.168.1.180:8000/channels.m3u": dial tcp 192.168.1.180:8000: connectex: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Firewall?

Disabled.

These parameters look correct?

Nickkname: ESPNPlus

Format: HLS

URL http://192.168.1.180:8000/channels.m3u

Never refresh URL
Ignore channels number
Start 17000
Prefer channel logos from M3U
No stream limit

Guide Data http://192.168.1.180:8000/xmltv.xml
Refresh every 3 hrs

Yours looks good

1 Like

Do you need to reboot the Windows machine after you install docker? Are there any docker settings that need changed after install?

As a new Docker user, I'd recommend you install the Portainer extension, and use Portainer-Stacks for this and future installations. As a WebUI, I think Portainer does a great job of helping one visualize what's going on with Docker containers. Portainer-Stacks is where you want to enter your docker-compose yamls and environment variables.

For example, with this extension here's what you'd need:

version: '3.9'
services:
  # GitHub home for this project with setup instructions: https://github.com/m0ngr31/EPlusTV
  # Docker Hub home for this project: https://hub.docker.com/r/m0ngr31/eplustv
  eplustv:
    image: m0ngr31/eplustv:${TAG}
    ports:
      - ${HOST_PORT}:${PORT} # For use with Portainer this port is being mapped to 8185, as Portainer uses port 8000
    environment:
      - START_CHANNEL=${START_CHANNEL} # What the first channel number should be.
      - NUM_OF_CHANNELS=${NUM_OF_CHANNELS} # How many channels to create? This is dependent on the networks you are using. A good number to start with is >= 150 if you are using ESPN+.
      - PROXY_SEGMENTS=${PROXY_SEGMENTS} # Proxy keyed *.ts files.
      - PUID=${PUID} # Current user ID. Use if you have permission issues. Needs to be combined with PGID.
      - PGID=${PGID} # Current group ID. Use if you have permission issues. Needs to be combined with PUID.
      - PORT=${PORT} # Port the API will be served on. You can set this if it conflicts with another service in your environment.
      - ESPNPLUS=${ESPNPLUS} # Set to false if you only want events that come from your TV provider.
      - ESPN=${ESPN} # ESPN: Set if your TV provider supports it.
      - ESPN2=${ESPN2} # ESPN2: Set if your TV provider supports it.
      - ESPN3=${ESPN3} # ESPN3: Set if your TV provider supports it.
      - ESPNU=${ESPNU} # ESPNU: Set if your TV provider supports it.
      - SEC=${SEC} # SEC Network: Set if your TV provider supports it.
      - SECPLUS=${SECPLUS} # SEC Network+: Set if your TV provider supports it.
      - ACCN=${ACCN} # ACCN: Set if your TV provider supports it.
      - ACCNX=${ACCNX} # ACCNX: Set if your TV provider supports it.
      - LONGHORN=${LONGHORN} # Longhorn Network: Set if your TV provider supports it.
      - ESPNEWS=${ESPNEWS} # ESPNews: Set if your TV provider supports it.
      - ESPN_PPV=${ESPN_PPV} # PPV: Set if you have purchased PPV events.
      - FOXSPORTS=${FOXSPORTS} # Set if your TV provider supports it.
      - FOXSPORTS_ALLOW_REPLAYS=${FOXSPORTS_ALLOW_REPLAYS} # If you would like to schedule events that aren't live.
      - MAX_RESOLUTION=${MAX_RESOLUTION} # Max resolution to use. Valid options are UHD/HDR, UHD/SDR, 1080p, 720p, and 540p (Some providers don't offer 4K or 1080p and will attempt to play the highest framerate available for selected resolution).
      - FOX_ONLY_4K=${FOX_ONLY_4K} # Only grab 4K events.
      - PARAMOUNTPLUS=${PARAMOUNTPLUS} # Set if you would like CBS Sports events.
      - MLBTV=${MLBTV} # Set if you would like to use MLB.tv.
      - MLBTV_USER=${MLBTV_USER} # MLB.tv Username.
      - MLBTV_PASS=${MLBTV_PASS} # MLB.tv Password.
      - MLBTV_ONLY_FREE=${MLBTV_ONLY_FREE} # Only schedule free games.
    volumes:
      - eplustv:/app/config
    restart: unless-stopped
volumes:
  eplustv:
    name: ${HOST_VOLUME}

And the environment variable examples:

TAG=latest
HOST_PORT=8185
START_CHANNEL=1
NUM_OF_CHANNELS=150
PROXY_SEGMENTS=false
PUID=1000
PGID=1000
PORT=8000
ESPNPLUS=true
ESPN=false
ESPN2=false
ESPN3=false
ESPNU=false
SEC=false
SECPLUS=false
ACCN=false
ACCNX=false
LONGHORN=false
ESPNEWS=false
ESPN_PPV=false
FOXSPORTS=false
FOXSPORTS_ALLOW_REPLAYS=false
MAX_RESOLUTION=UHD/SDR
FOX_ONLY_4K=false

Here's the data for every other Channels-related, docker-based, extension you might want to run:

1 Like

What do you get in the output if you run docker-machine ip in the docker machine terminal? I agree with @bnhf portainer is very helpful for new docker users.

2 Likes

/app # docker-machine ip
/bin/sh: docker-machine: not found

Looks like that’s not the right command to run. Disregard.

2 Likes

I've tried and tried. Can't figure it out. Installed the Portainer extension and that doesn't help me at all. I have zero experience with Docker.

What I find odd is that under "Inspect" in the EplusTV container it is showing 172.17.0.1 for Gateway and 172.17.0.2 for IPAddress. No clue where it is getting that unless that's default and nothing to do with my network.

That IP information is for the internal docker network. You can disregard that. How are you running the container? I'm wondering if you didn't assign a port when you created the container?

I'll look at this and see if I can reproduce the issue

I just go under containers and hit the Start button. I didn't assign anything when the container was created, just left default. When I run it I get the message: "Server started on port 8000"

2024-03-25 12:44:57
2024-03-25 12:44:57 > [email protected] start
2024-03-25 12:44:57 > ts-node index.ts
2024-03-25 12:44:57
2024-03-25 12:45:03 === E+TV v2.1.10 starting ===
2024-03-25 12:45:04 Refreshing device token (ESPN+)
2024-03-25 12:45:04 Refreshing device refresh token (ESPN+)
2024-03-25 12:45:04 Refreshing BAM access token (ESPN+)
2024-03-25 12:45:05 === Getting events ===
2024-03-25 12:45:05 Looking for ESPN+ events...
2024-03-25 12:45:06 === Done getting events ===
2024-03-25 12:45:06 === Building the schedule ===
2024-03-25 12:45:06 === Done building the schedule ===
2024-03-25 12:45:06 === Starting Server ===
2024-03-25 12:45:06 Server started on port 8000

I'm not familiar with the Docker app on Windows. Can you show me screenshots of how you have it setup?

The server will say that because it's able to assign itself port 8000 on that internal network. You need to verify that it is mapped to your system's port 8000 as well

@m0ngr31, any ideas why the Fox Sports channels aren't working for me, but ESPN+ channels are? Please see my earlier posts #1328 and #1338. Thanks.

1 Like

Do you have TeamViewer? You could remote in and probably get it going in 5 minutes :rofl:

1 Like

What does the bind mounts look like?

^^

"This container has no bind mounts."

How did you start the container? Did you use the stack I provided you, or a docker run command? And if it was a run command, could you post it here please.