ESPN+ & FOX Sports with Custom Channels via EPlusTV

If I try installing on Unraid with everything except MLBTV disabled, it still asks me to put in my ESPN and FS activation and won't start the service until that is complete.

2 Likes

I probably messed up the xml file for unRAID. I'll look at it tomorrow

1 Like

Do the linear MLBTV channels stay the same for each team? I asked the other day about incorporating the tvg-id so that the Gracenote guide data can be applied, if the channels are static I can try this out myself with a duplicate playlist with custom channel numbers and manually adding the id's.

I'm not using linear channels for MLB.tv

The following docker will allow for you to play Distro TV.
The user has done Tugo Tv and LocalBTV along with Level news.

It seems to work well, but I think it uses more resources than what is used now.
I did map the channels and the numbers on these services don't change.
When I log into Tugotv and look under my devices, the systems think I'm using a Chrome Browser on a MAC.
The has also create d docker for Ustvnow but I haven't played with the service.

Here on this forum that poster goes by the name, miibeez.
However the dockers they’ve been sharing do not circumvent DRM:

Anyone getting this error on Fox Sports:

TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'find')
2023-04-12 21:21:23 at parseCategories (/app/services/fox-handler.ts:101:25)
2023-04-12 21:21:23 at /app/services/fox-handler.ts:124:21
2023-04-12 21:21:23 at Generator.next ()
2023-04-12 21:21:23 at fulfilled (/app/services/fox-handler.ts:5:58)
2023-04-12 21:21:23 Could not parse FOX Sports events

1 Like

Hi Mulliganman,

Yes, I am now getting this same error. When I watch Foxsports on their own website, it works fine.

1 Like

Any update on adding the sports tag? Appreciate all the work you've done on this

Should show up on Docker Hub soon

To be clear, I'm not interested in creating linear channels for each MLB team - I think the other MLB docker does that. Kind of goes against the spirit of what I'm going for on my project.

The latest update fixed the parsing problem for me. Thanks!

That is disappointing, but completely understandable since it's your project. Do you mind me asking how "it goes against the spirit of what you're going for"?

You've recently added linear channels for the other sources that the project covers.
Given the frequency of MLB games, it is one of the few sports that make sense to have dedicated channels per team.

From my limited testing it seems your solution is better optimized and quicker to start playback. It would be nice to have all sports handled by a single docker.

Why? Just pick and choose wisely, and combine their output however you like in your guide via Channel Collections.

I added linear channels for the linear versions of ESPN and FOX, both will have full schedules if you're using the right env commands. An MLB team plays no more than 1x a day? So you've got ~20 hours a day on 30 channels of empty air.

And the required change to make the other linear channels means the MLB channels would be at the top with the others.. so users would have to scroll down, maybe 30-35 channels of mostly dead air to find something to watch on ESPN+. Kinda goes against the vibe I was going for

I love the way MLB games appear on the EsPN+ setup.
There is no need to take up channel space if the event is over or not happening.
Appreciate all the hard work.

Maybe I have something configured incorrectly then... Are you implying that channels without a current event should not show up in the guide at all?

I have the Custom Collection setup, when selected it will only show live events (though I'm randomly getting 404 errors), but I still end up with empty channels in the guide when "ALL" or "HD" is the selected category.

This is the rest of that quote. If you set up a channel collection without automatic rules, and instead manually add the channels, then yes they will still show up when "off air"

My EPlus Channel collection looks like this on the webUI:

Notice there are not channels manually added. This means if there are no programs that match my live sports criteria then there will not be any content present in this collection. Depending on time of day and what sport is in season there could be none or hundreds of channels to choose from.

As far as the channels showing up in the "ALL" and "HD" categories yes they should show up there no matter what. I actually have those categories hidden. I rely on channel collections to sort my channels. I created a "Main Channels" collection that consist of the channels I want to be able to scroll through for channel surfing. I leave EPlus channels out of this collection as well as other niche channels so it isn't overwhelming. If I want to watch live sports I just switch my guide over to "live sports" and they are all there.

I use automatic collections with my sports stuff.
The new ESPN+ with MLB is excellent.
No need to have empty channels.

I get these too. I only use Fox and ESPN+. I thought if it showed up in the guide that it was available. Anyone know of a reason these show up?

1 Like

Incorrect guide data. I've had several in the past. When I get one, I'll check the ESPN+ app and find it's not live or I'm blacked out.
A good example was last weeks Masters - it would be in guide from 6:00 am but nobody teeing off till mid morning. After tee off, it played fine.