ESPN+ & FOX Sports with Custom Channels via EPlusTV

@m0ngr31,

One thing I just noticed is that the schedule is wrong in my guide. For example, the guide is showing TMZ-Sports on FS1 as starting at 7pm, but when I click on it, it shows that it starts at 8:30. All ESPN+ channels have the correct schedule.

I see the FS1 and FS2 channels being pulled in but not B1G programs. I swore they were there yesterday. Anyone else or is this just me?

I can second that. Same thing is happening on my instance as well.

@m0ngr31,

Any other ideas what I could try next?

What provider do you have?

Spectrum

1 Like

What's really weird is that the guide shows that a show is on, but when I click on it, it says it starts at a different time. I have another container running for Channels (Tubi) and those times are correct.

1 Like

I just stumbled upon this project. Looks great and something I'm definitely going to get implemented.

Has anyone considered integrating NESN 360 similar to how MSG+ is integrated into this package? Very similar services with Live channels and broadcasts.

I had an issue this past weekend where on Saturday for "NCAA Rowing - Brown vs. Princeton - ESPN+" it was showing on Friday to start at Noon (eastern time) when I knew it started at 9am. I checked ESPN+ and it had it at noon as well, so clearly an ESPN+ issue. Then on Saturday morning I checked ESPN+ again and it had it at the correct time, 9am. I checked the schedule in Channels and it still showed noon, so I stopped and restarted the container to see if it'd pull a new schedule, then refreshed in channels. Nope, still noon. So I deleted the schedule db in Docker and restarted the container. Still showed as noon. I watched it live but was unable to record it. Not sure if it was an ESPN or EPlusTV issue, but let me know I need to double check if anything looks off.

I figured it out. Docker is always a trial and error thing for me. Now it's time to figure out the Collections Sorting thing.

You got half way there :slight_smile: You'd have to delete the entries.db and the schedule.db both to have it pull in the updated schedule time. Sometimes ESPN's API is garbage, so try nuking both next time if you see something like that again

1 Like

You're not running it with a VPN right?

1 Like

For the MLB.tv Integration, the Environmental Variables link I set MLBTV to TRUE, MLBTV_USER to my username, MLBTV_PASS to my password and MLBTV_ONLY_FREE to TRUE.

I see in the Log that the next three games are pulled in and to be scheduled. However, I'm not seeing the 415PM Marlins and Cardinals game anywhere in my guide. Is there a reason why I'm seeing all the ESPN stuff, but no the MLB games?

I have Paramount and Fox Sports linked too, but since all the channels have the same E+ logo, it's hard to tell where they're all pulled in from or if they're working.

EDIT: Based on the xmltv data, all the channels and infor being pulled in are from ESPN+. Nothing is coming in from Paramount, Fox Sports or MLB. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I guess I'm solving my own problems. I increased the channel number up from 150 to 250 and that worked.

With ESPN+ wrong start time/metadata is probably human error. It's very difficult to reach them until the few hours before the event starts.

No, no VPN.

I am using this for ESPN+, MLB, and Fox Sports.

What should I set the "NUM_OF_CHANNELS" variable to?

Is there such thing as too many or not enough?

1 Like

I set mine to 300. Doesnt matter until you run out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does anyone export a m3u and epg from Channels DVR and pull that into Tivimate? I do so that I can use the Tivimate multiscreen feature. It's nice to setup a main feed with 6-7-8 feeds around it on my 120" projector.

My question is, after I add 5 or 6 feeds, most from ESPN+ for the hockey, the screens start to stutter? When I use the feeds that are not ESPN+, the streams are fine. Is there any particular reason why only the ESPN+ would have issues with multiple screens? I'm using a Nvidia Shield tube as the streaming device.

@m0ngr31, any new thoughts?

Where are the other streams coming from?