ESPN PTI Records 2 times off 1 Pass

I experience an issue with ESPN's PTI. It plays on ESPN, sometimes ESPN 2 and ESPN News. I just want Channels to record the newest episode each day but it records twice because ESPN and ESPN News list the episode as "new". I could use the "channel select" option however, sometimes they air on ESPN and sometimes they air on ESPN 2 if another sporting event is on ESPN.

How can I choose the channels select option and prioritize between 2 different channels?

Also why can't channels recognize that the episode number was already recorded and skip the duplicate airing on a different channel?

What is PTI

Pardon the Interruption

It is a TV Show on ESPN (Pardon the Interruption). This show airs normally on ESPN but sometimes ESPN2. It also re-airs 1 hour later on ESPNNews, it is constantly recording both ESPN and then ESPNNews 1 hour later even though its already recorded that episode.

There was some discussion here:

I did see that but was hoping there was a way to "exclude" a channel from recording versus only being able to select the channel I want to record.

In this instance it sometimes airs on ESPN or ESPN 2 but never both ESPN and ESPN2 but it does always re-air on ESPNNews.

A feature to say always record except on Channel ESPNNews would solve the issue.

Use the advanced pass editor; there you can create a rule for Channel EXCLUDES ###.

2 Likes

Perfect! that is the information I needed, I was only seeing where I could select a channel not where I could exclude one. Boom! You saved the day