EWTN not working via TVE

Edits made :blush:

I wasn’t sure if it was just a Philo thing or not so I thought originally I’d clarify :blush:

2 Likes

Very good point, @racameron.
Thank you for the clarification.

I just noticed in the DVR Beta section that a new version has been released with a fix for EWTN. You will need to install pre-release version v2021.11.14.2347.

My DVR is currently busy recording for a while so I won't be able to upgrade yet to try it.

Looks like it’s working now. Thanks for the support :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

EWTN is not working again, was previously on 2021.11.14... Just tried upgrade to pre-release version 2021.12.10.2110 and still not working. It appears to connect, but all you get is a black screen.

Is it working on their website? If their website feed is down, then that's where you need to follow up.

yes, it is working on their website.

Checking my recordings, it appears to have stopped working sometime between 12/5 @ 2pm EST and 12/8 @ 2pm EST, if that means anything. I was running version 2021.11.14....at that time (which did work for EWTN initially). Hoping a developer can take a look and post a revision before my next recording overnight tonight.

Just curious, is it the feed that somehow changes occasionally on certain channels, requiring an update to the server to make it work?

Sometimes the feed itself, sometimes the authentication portion. It depends. If you haven’t already I’d recommend submitting diagnostics so the Devs can take a look.

I just found 2021.12.12.2038 available. Installed it. EWTN is now working. Thanks devs!

2 Likes

Hi all again,

EWTN does not seem to be working again. Logs and the display on the screen both say “Stream not available”

I did update to the most recent version (2022.12.19.0126) after I first noticed the issue and the error persists. The stream is available on the ETWN website. Should I submit a log, or is there anything else I need to do.

1 Like

Btw, I know this isn’t actually a TVE issue; just adding onto a preexisting thread when I first thought it was years ago

Now it is working. Was not, but is now. I take that back. It is not working on channel 6900. Because it was not working I created an m3u channel and when I tuned to 6900 it switched to my m3u. So it appeared to work.

The EWTN m3u that I created works but I cannot find an XML for the guide information. Anyone got a link or another way? I tried to redirect it to the guide for 6900 EWTN channel but does not seem to work.

Add the gracenote stationid to your M3U
tvc-guide-stationid="10183"

Thanks to you I got the epg for ewtn. It's two hours off. Doing some reading how to fix.

That's strange because 10183 is what Channels DVR uses for TVE channel 6900.
There's another station id for EWTN, but it's for the satellite channel.
You can try it, but listings may be wrong or off.

Yes, was strange. So I deleted my m3u, regenerated the guide db, and redefined the m3u with the 10183. Now its working.

Where did you find that channel 6900 uses the 10183?

Thank you so much,
Kevin

1 Like

The channel list for my DVR at IP 192.168.1.3
http://192.168.1.3:8089/devices/ANY/channels

{
    "ID": "ewtn",
    "GuideNumber": "6900",
    "GuideName": "EWTN",
    "HD": 1,
    "VideoCodec": "H264",
    "AudioCodec": "AAC",
    "Station": "10183",
    "Logo": "https://tmsimg.fancybits.co/assets/s10183_ll_h15_ab.png?w=360&h=270",
    "ScanResult": "true"
  },

It's been fixed