Explanation of settings in web interface

Hi! Thanks for a terrific product.

Is there a support document somewhere that provides explanations of what each of the options in Settings on the DVR web interface does and how to choose the best options?

Thank you for your reply. I have been through every one of these listings, and what I requested in the post you are replying to is not in any of them.

1 Like

What I am looking for is something that explains these types of options and helps me to decide which to use. If no such information exists, that's okay. I'm just curious. Thank you!

The descriptions are listed under each of them. Most of those are experimental and if you don't understand them, you can ignore them.

Maddox, for a new user, would you recommend leaving the box checked for "Experimental TV Everywhere MPEG-TS Rewriter?

Last Post about that setting was that there was a problem with it ... I have it unchecked.

If it isn't exceptionally clear to you what an experimental feature is for or if you haven't been told by a developer to turn it on, it's best to not turn on experimental features. They mostly exist for testing.

Eric, I was under the impression that dalejroe was a new user and asking questions about the features, or he just didn't understand the features, so instead of telling him to ignore an experimental feature where he had checked the box, we could tell him to uncheck the box.

I was just trying to help the guy instead of whipping out a quick sentence that it's all right there in front of him.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.