Failed DVR Disk Drive

Hello All,
As the subject indicates, the Channels DVR disk drive failed. Fortunately, I previously moved most all the movies to the Plex disk "Channels" Library/directory where I store movies from Channels and share access as well. Unfortunately, all the TV shows were lost.
To recover, I replaced the drive using the same drive letter. However, I mistakenly made the DVR directory "" (root) on drive "J". (Except for being sloppy, that doesn't seem to be causing any big problems.) Neither pruning or scanning sources removed the missing movies and TV shows. I couldn't figure out how to use the "Pruned" PowerShell URL so I manually removed all the missing TV shows and movies that were on the failed disk.

Remaining issues:

1. There are a few movies with real and "phantom" entries. If I trash either one of them, the other disappears. How do I remove the bad entry?

2. Moving all the DVR directories from root back into J:\DVR.
    Might this work?
    Make a database backup to a different drive.
    Uncheck the DVR checkbox in Basic Setup
    Copy all the required directories from root to \DVR.
    Change the configured location of the DVR directory from \ to \DVR.
    Reenable the DVR.

Thanks,
Larry

Yep :+1:t3:

Thank you, tmm1.

I think I can work around the phantom DB entries but it would be better if there was a way using internal tools.

Proposed workaround:
Move movies with phantom entries to a directory not in Channels' path.
Manually remove both actual and phantom movies using the Library Management menu.
Move the movies back to the import directory.
Rescan sources.

Thanks,
Larry

If you update your DVR to latest pre-release, it will show you the file path for the imports, so you know where it thinks it is.

That's a great improvement. Thanks for the suggestion.
Just to clarify, the issue is that if I remove either movie (phantom or real), they both get deleted.

Thanks,
Larry

remove how?
By trashing it in the Channels DVR web UI, or some client?

It's unclear if the issues you're seeing are related to Channels recordings or imported local content.
The way you purge/scan for them are different.

"Move the movies back to the import directory."

These are imports.

This would work, but instead of
Manually remove both actual and phantom movies using the Library Management menu.
You should do a prune deleted at that step

I agree that pruning is the preferred method. I will try again and I'm hoping it will work at this time. After the drive failed, I tried pruning everything and it did not remove anything. Only manually removing the movies seemed to work.