Fast forward not working for imported library FireTV

On FireTV Stick 4k, I can't fast foward through an imported TV show in the library. Works fine in the web client.

Watching and rewind work fine. Fast Forward button on the remote just doesn't do anything.

Running 2022.04.21.1658 on debian. I don't see anything in the release notes in newer versions that mention the issue.

edit:

• perhaps related, the status bar shows -5751 minutes remaining.
  • I upgraded to 2022.05.18.2345, problem persists

Bug ?

I have a Fire Stick 4k, currently running ChannelsDVR app 4.3.0 and DVR 2022.05.18.2345 running on a Synology NAS. I don't experience the problem you've mentioned on imported libraries. Although I update the DVR about weekly, I don't recall seeing this behavior with previous releases of the DVR. I have had this Fire Stick get a little buggy in the past: fresh batteries in the remote solved those problems.

Upgraded to 2022.05.18.2345, problem persists. tried on three firestick 4k, same problem. odd.

What’s the video format. This is a weird bug.

Btw, this wouldn’t be a server problem. It’s a problem on the client. So upgrading wouldn’t have done anything anyways.

Please also submit diagnostics from the app after you have tried seeking answers seen it failed.

MKV - 57 min @ 3.76GB. According to the metadata:

• 1920x1080
  • 9423kbps
  • 24fps
  • H264 (High @L4.0)
  • made with mkvmerge v49.0.0

it doesn't happen on all MKV. I tried another that works fine:
367MB/23 min

• 1280x720
  • 2180kbps
  • 23.98 fps
  • H264 (Main L3.1)
  • made with HandBrake 1.4.1

diagnostics just submitted for video & other (not sure which was appropriate)

Can you screenshot what View Details on the web UI shows for this file

working on it. does the Settings -> Local Content -> Scan Sources trigger a scan immediately?

I removed the file a while ago. But I put it back in the imported directory and scanned a few times, but it's been 20 min and its still not showing up. Waiting.

edit: weird, its not even showing up in the Imported section of the log. all the others in that directory are (well sub-directories). hmm.

You can't just drop a file inside a TV import folder. It has to be nested in a series folder.

1 Like