Seems to be hell on earth dealing with the Cox-Spectrum merger. Thank God these companies are no where near me lol
Wow that's a super cheap box, but probably for a reason lol. I have a no name iSeevy encoder that's a bit of a flake like that (but it was cheap!), have to hard reset it every few weeks. And that's even with scheduled nightly soft reboots.
I am a legacy Cox user, and using the legacy credentials which work.
Something interesting that might be going on for you to check.
When I go in through the watch.spectrum.net it treats me as a legacy user.
I first get the sign on screen - same as fast channels does:
I can enter password as expected but then I get a terms and conditions pop up.
If I hit continue, then I can log in. Perhaps that is where it is bombing.
Regarding trying things out. More than happy to try fixes that haven't been pushed, However Im on a Mac using portainer/docker stack deployment. Is there a way to deploy this from a test tag or something instead of cloning the whole repository here, which I have never done. Other wise Ill need a little hand holding to clone the repository and find your development tree.
very helpful. I wonder now that you've signed in and accepted terms & conditions, if the scraper will work now? worth trying?
curious - for your username, did you use [email protected] or just USERNAME? The creds I've been testing with were legacy COX account - and I just used USERNAME (not [email protected]).
Yeah - just tried this out on the same machine. I logged in and out of the watch.spectrum.net to verify the terms and conditions pop up no longer appears - both chrome and safari work, but not within fastchannels UI.
For those running into the spectrum/cox merger that may be using ah4c. check this out. Im not using the fast channel bridge, but I recoded my ah4c tuners to use the Apple TV spectrum app and its been working very well
ok well, if you're up to it, the development branch would be cool to test. even if you could install it as a temporary container (not overriding your production one)
Happy to try. I tried changing the tag in portainer to development. I can override my production one. no big deal. However, I got this error when I tried a pull and redeploy.
Failed to pull images of the stack: compose pull operation failed: Error response from daemon: failed to resolve reference "Package fastchannels · GitHub": ghcr.io/kineticman/fastchannels:development: not found
Im sure Im doing something dumb, any ideas?
no, i'm the dumb one... It doesn't create a package since it's private. my bad.
I'll just push a new version.
Just to let you know, updated to 5.3.1 fine and kept my gracenote ID'd channels, so maybe the last update to 5.3.0 that wiped them out was just a FM glitch...
@KineticMan hey, just a quick question. I want to get this into my setup for DirecTV. DirecTV uses very specific channel numbers that are quite memorable to people that have used it. I'm curious if we can get an option to preserve the channel numbers that DirecTV uses when that's used as a premium source. They actively expose this as well, so it's not like you have to do much to guess them. Like when you do the curl command that project OneClick requires to grab an M3U or ADB tuner channel list actually, it exposes those channel numbers directly. So, I'm wondering if it's possible to do that or if it would be a big lift. I'd be happy to open a PR if needed. Please let me know if you'd like me to look into that. It would just be super useful because I know it's like muscle memory for a lot of DirecTV users.
As I said in my post in the ah4c thread, the challenge is not the standard DTV channel numbers in integer form, it's the sub-channel approach we've been using (successfully I might add) for the duplicate channel numbers. I don't think either of us wants to drop duplicates, and using something other than sub-channels (100.1, 100.2, 100.3), would create a mismatch with they way we've done it in every other project.
Maybe @KineticMan will have an idea, but channel numbers as integers only looked pretty baked-in to FastChannels as far as I could tell.
how did you guys handle decimal channel numbers? does CDVR even support that?
Yes it does
I use SLM/PLM for stuff like that. Using that, I can set up channel numbers and I tend to map it to my DTV setup.
It does. Probably because of all the OTA channels that are in that form. @mackid1993 and I came up with that approach to handling all the duplicate DTV channel numbers, and it works well as it keeps things in channel number order in the guide. Cable and DTV subscribers are pretty much the last people on the planet that care about channel numbers, but we do.
Did the update (that was new to me, but am now on the latest version), sadly did not change things with Tubi. I suspect it is a Tubi thing here in australia, not so much an issue with FastChannels (unless others here are in australia and are getting results from it?)
My apologies I'm still new to this encoder and capture card stuff I have a few questions
1: Can I use a capture card instead of an HDMI encoder for live streaming?
2: my issue with blur in my HDMI encoder Is it possible that I need to bypass HDCP should I use a splitter to accomplish that?
Capture Cards give you one piece of what an encoder does. The way they're used to create virtual tuners in Channels is by pairing the Capture Card with a dedicated CDVR Custom Channel Source that transcodes the output from the Capture Card into something that resembles what you can get from an encoder.
In other words, a Capture Card + a dedicated CDVR Source for transcoding = a virtual encoder.
Real, hardware encoders are nicer overall, as you don't need to use your computer's resources to transcode the output. Plus, they're often multi-port -- and almost always network devices, rather than USB.
Most of the appeal of Capture Cards is their lower price point.
HDCP typically isn't an issue anymore for resolutions of 1080p and lower that rely on HDMI 1.x. However, don't expect the same for 4K resolutions and HDMI 2.x. You'll find HDCP issues with most capture devices at 4K. HDCP issues are not subtle -- if your device isn't compatible, there will be no video.
Chief,
I'm on 5.2.2 and lost Gracenote guide data. Reloaded m3u and redownload guide fixed for me.

