Feature Request: Respect source priority when scheduling a simulcast (program on multiple channels)

I was scheduling a recording for a program that is going to be simulcast on all Viacom-owned stations, the VMAs. However, the series page seems to arbitrarily prioritize the highest-numbered channel, LOGO 6024, for recording. If I set a recording from this series page, it seems like it schedules the recording for the LOGO TVE stream even though a channel from my highest-priority source, 19.1 (my OTA CW affiliate from an HDHR) is also broadcasting the show.

In order to record this show from 19.1, I had to manually navigate to the guide for 19.1 and set the recording there. I think it would make more sense for the series page use the source priority we set in the admin settings page as the default channel to record from.

It chooses based on this when the recording happens. As scheduled, it just shows all the channels that are on.

Check on the DVR > Schedule page

The channels should be now sorted in the priority order in the latest pre-realese build:

4 Likes

v2022.08.22.0222 • IMPROVED: Scheduled recordings now list channels in the priority order recording will be attempted on.
BUT, what is the priority order based on??
I see the priority order, but can we change it ??
In my case I have two NBC local channels, 15.2 and 33.1, both from my highest source HDHR, it always shows the 33.1 first priority, which is farther away and heavy rain sometimes causes signal issues, and it records the 33.1 channel.
I can remove the 33.1 in the web UI by doing the red circle with the line thru it, but I'd rather the priority simply use the channel I selected for recording in the Guide.
It ignores that and uses the higher numbered channel (I think this is how it works, reverse numerical order).
Is there a Future Request pending that will simply use the channel selected in the Guide FIRST in the priority.
Thanks

Pass and Schedule show the opposite .. Passes show highest channel first schedule show recording priority.

This is what the Passes show ...

This is what the Schedules shows

@Edwin_Perez Thanks for the report. We're looking into it.

Priority is HD (or marked as HD or defaulted assumed HD as in the case with m3u's) Highest Number > Favorites Highest Number > SD Highest Number, all by the highest priority source.

So you have some choices to manipulate the order. One, you could just advanced pass and say Channel != 33.1, then it won't record there at all. Otherwise, you can create several passes in priority to give you what you want. Here's an example I did:

Fixed in the latest build:

Thanks for reporting it!

1 Like