Feature Request : Show recordings in order of original air date or Season/Episode number

Let me first say that the DVR is awesome and I’m in shock that this is beta. I’ve had plenty of software that’s X.0 release that is garbage compared to this. Bravo!

My one stupid gripe is that recording “All Episodes” to get an entire season as reruns air, the dvr menu has them show up by some other order than sequential SxxExx. I’ve looked, but cant find a way to adjust this. Is there a way to do it?

Thanks guys for this. It’s awesome!

4 Likes

AFAIK, the only way to sort by original airdate (e.g. S/E) is on the Web UI. The tvOS listing doesn’t appear to have a way to select options for sort of listings.

Although I don’t need this feature personally, I certainly understand your request and think it be a worthy addition.

You might want to edit title as a “Feature Request” for the ATV.

i agree, and further suggest by season, and then by episode. if you are a keeper and store 5 seasons, that’s around a 100 episodes. I’m sure it will be coming.

Or when they show a “marathon” and you want to get all the episodes for something not available on Hulu or Netflix yet to binge watch later… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. Updated accordingly.
:grinning:

+1

+1 to this feature request. I’m finding it difficult to find the most-recently aired episodes I’ve recorded for a show for which I’m keeping all recordings.

+1

I would like the ability to sort episodes too. People have been interested in sorting episodes for awhile now, so there might be some technical hurdle to implementing it.

Yeah, it’s had several threads. this is a glaring omission to me. Maybe if this were done as a feature request, it may garner more attention.

+1

A beta build with this feature is now available for testing in Beta testing next Apple TV release

I have a couple episodes from several seasons, and this beta looks good where the episodes are in numerical order by season. I will say that at some point the side scrolling will get to be too much for episode hoarders, and it would need to go hierarchical, where you select the season and then the episode.