Feature Request - Tag Ch and block tag by device

Thanks! look good I take a look

This looks like it will work for Live TV but not for the Media is there a option for media and is there a way on the admin side to remove the All Ch from the guide

All Channels and Favorites remain available when using Channel Collections. If you would like to hide these, you can do so via Settings at Settings > General > Live TV.

Check out Kids Only Mode:

You can use the same Settings area to hide all of the channel collections.

When Kids Only Mode is enabled, they are automatically hidden and only show the Kids channel collection. If you name your channel collection Kids, it’ll do the same.

Additionally, you can also remove the Guide and On Now options from the navigation in Settings > General > Manage Navigation

This obviously isn’t exactly what you’re looking for, but it’s what is available now.

The only real restrictions like this have been specifically around kids and kid specific devices.

Thanks for the feedback and request as it’s never come up before. But we can do some brainstorming on a straightforward way to limit some content to certain clients.

Thank you this has been a great start! as you said its not what i am looking for but i should be able ot some what use it as a work around i just wish you could server side disable all ch form the guide seem its only a client side setting for now

No, that’s a server side setting as well. You can mange them under the Clients tab on your Channels DVR Server web admin.

Oh is see its under General -> Live TV

Also, turn on Kiosk Mode and the settings tab will be gone from the client.

So yeah, there’s a lotttt of knobs to play with.

Ya i am just learning i swear i reviewed the getting started section but there so much to learn. thanks

A better place to go through, which covers all the big fun features are the main sections of Channels and Channels DVR Server.

On it! thanks great job on the app its almost a replacement for my plex server keep up the hard work and i hope to ditch plex one day

1 Like

The latest DVR pre-release and TestFlight beta for tvOS/iOS now support using Labels to hide content from your library. Since it's a server side setting, you can do it per client as well.

See if this is close to what you were looking for.

wow! this was almost 100% what i was asking and looks great ill test it now. Thanks

1 Like

You can now even use an allowlist to specify the things you ONLY want showing in the library.

Nice! I like what i am seeing. I only have the one DVR server right now is the betas normally stable or would you say its best to spin up a second?

Yeah, the betas stay stable. The only thing is that features might change, but we don't ship things that may crash. But there IS always the chance of it.

You can read more about our pre-release here:

thanks i spinning up a second now wish the ios app would support FQDN so i can proxy it and swap between them when outside of the house.

I am very impressed the devs here i been tester with other and normal devs are hard to reach and when you do not easy to talk to so thank you and the team

Just wanted to follow up that the option given are working great and hope to see the feature of labels come out of beta soon.

Thanks for the support