Food Network hanging

Ever since the Discovery networks issue about a month back, I periodically have problems with Food Network refusing to tune. It will show a freeze screen of the live shot, but will just churn. Tuning to Sci doesn’t fix it. Sometimes updating to pre-release will, but that’s not always a work-around. Tonight has been watching for an hour or so, then got “signal lost” and couldn’t re-tune even with an update.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Last Friday had all kinds of stuff going on with the discovery channel. I honestly think it is the networking changing a lot of stuff. Channels tried to record it and it showed it recorded a few minutes of the 2 hour gold rush show. I could actually fast forward past the few minutes and it kept going. But then it seemed to repeat over and over after a little bit of what I had already watched. I wish Discovery would just leave things alone. I haven't watched much of it lately to tell you it is still going on. But with your post I would guess it still is.

Submitted from both my Apple TV and Server. 7fb7602c-6144-4ded-a3c2-95a29872b74a

Same issue on Discovery Channel.

Looks like there was something going on with the Discovery feeds when you sent the diagnostics that we don't support properly. We had made some assumptions about the correlation between the audio and video feeds that isn't holding up consistently. We're going to have to investigate what we can do to make this work.

Yeah it started playing fine later that night. I will try to make an attempt to watch some tonight to see if it is still going on. It did seem to play from the website fine when the issue was happening. But that could have been timing on my end :wink:

If you could try again with this build and let us know if you run into this issue again (and submit diagnostics) it would be helpful in identifying what's going on further.

Thanks for the quick work on this one. Am away from home for the rest of the week, hopefully others can provide more timely feedback.

Please try out this latest build. It should fix the issues folks have been seeing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.