Force Tuner (Receiver) used in Pass?

Sorry. You may want to double check the address, and make sure it works in VLC or similar—I'm typing this from memory, and the address might be different. Also, check the syntax of your playlist text; make sure it has both the preamble (#EXTM3U), as well as each entry having its info line (#EXTINF).

As far as guide info, you can use the tvc-guide-stationid tag.

For more information, check the support docs:

Works perfect in VLC. Loads the MPG stream right up. Using the chosen device and tuner. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to map it to Channels so I get a channel that shows up for the stream. Sorry :frowning:

Is there no way to just use the MPG stream without making it a m3U first?

You have to set it to Text, then enter:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1, channel-id="abc-2.1" channel-number="202.1", ABC
http://192.168.1.26:5004/auto/v2.1

Once the source is added, click the Manage Lineup and then pencil icon next to 202.1 to change the guide data. You can switch to search all mode and enter the callsign of your ABC station.

Then set your pass to record from 202.1

1 Like

Except, no comma after -1:

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="abc-2.1" …

Edit: TIL: Apparently Channels' parser will ignore the misplaced comma. Feel free to disregard my comment. However, make sure you swap out the auto in the URL for the specific tuner you want.

1 Like

The comma is allowed and ignored by Channels DVR.

1 Like

I entered exactly as written. But I don't get any options in the Manage Lineup area.

What do you see?

Nothing. 0 Channels. Nothing to edit. The Channels app doesn't even test the tuner URL anymore.

That doesn't look right. There should be three separate lines in the text box.

1 Like

That fixed it. Thank you both ever so much

Does it have to be 202.1, or can the virtual number be anything that isn't already in use?

Whatever you want.

Great idea using custom channel mapping!
I would recommend setting it to use tuner1 instead of tuner0.
Since asking for an ATSC 3.0 channel will try to grab tuner0 first.
That way you could watch or record both ATSC 3.0 and 1.0 at the same time.
i.e. 102.1 and 2.1 (or whatever you mapped it to)

1 Like

I ended up using this for ANY 1.0 signal that gives me trouble. I just edited, saved as new file the M3U to the new channel number. Made it a new source in Channels and it worked great.

1 Like