Guide Data duplicating (HDHR + Locast preserve numbers)

Channels DVR v. 2020.11.18.0042 but I noticed the problem yesterday and forgot about it.

In the attached images, the guide data repeats as if the show is airing again in the next time slot.

From Channels:

From Zap2It:

This is happening on quite a few channels.

To fix the issue I have

• deleted and recreated the guide database - did not help.
  • removed the guide sources / deleted guide sources for each source, rebooted, added the sources back and rebuilt the guide database - did not help.

Note that after each step to fix the problem, the problem would move; meaning, a different and some same channels were affected with the duplicate show in the next time slot. I realize that some channels air the same show one after the other, but this is not that. In each case I checked against zap2it like the images above.

On one of my Shield devices I killed the app and clear the data to start fresh, but the problem still occurred on that device.

Is 5.1 on both Locast and HDHR? Are you using the nee Locast channel numbers option?

Awe. Yes I am. Interesting.

1 Like

Boom! I unselected "Preserve Channel Numbers", rebuilt the guide data and the problem is gone!

I have 2 HDHR's and Locast, BTW.

1 Like

During this exercise I found another potential bug.

I wanted to reboot the Channels DVR server so I cancelled a recording in progress. Rebooted. I then rebuilt the guide database and once it completed downloading the guide data, it decided to start recording the program I had "cancelled".

Could you submit diagnostics

@tmm1 I recreated the issue and logs submitted:

37e1721c-db83-46a9-9a96-2f95a4c8f43c

Canceled a recording in progress
Update the guide
DVR starts recording the canceled program after guide update complete

this issue still is present i just found out trying to ad back in the new Flex 4K tuner back into my other dvr that uses locast as default on the server, but the HDHR on the client apps. It is getting this duplicate program listing nonsense bug.

Agree I had to remove Locast that bug has been there a long time ... time to get it fixed.

I was NOT there on this DVR before i had to ad a new HDHR.
I had it set to use OTA numbering and higher priority in the server, so that, when on the client device, a recording was set via the app, the sever would use Locast as the tuner source. If Use OTA numbering was not selected, then the server would use the OTA channel as the user set from the app was the OTA channel number specficly.

EDIT: Maybe i'm wrong and i have forgotten the exact way I setup/tweaked that server to function as I wanted it to. This HDHR tuner failing really screwed up things.....

I found video screen capture of my settings back before this was an issue and the new HDHR i put in.

I had for sure Use OTA numbering ENABLED. and did NOT have this guide issues.
So, I do not know what the heck happened now that is triggering this issue.

Trying to restore the previous functionality, i have set Locast channels as Favs, and HDHR as no favs. (before I had them both set as favs and to use ota numbering)

It seems the sever (2021.05.20.0050) which i just updated to today, is NOT following its set tuner source priority for recording like it was before. I have Locast set first, and its channels set to Fav, but, the server is using the OTA channel to record from, cause, in the client app, only HDHR is enabled, and when u set a record in the app there, is passes to the sever the OTA station number. This OTA channel number being passed to the server still happened before, but the sever would infact follow its set priority, and record from the higher set tuner...as they also were the same channel number.

But now, I can NOT have Locast set to use OTA numbering, without causing the guide bug. Some thing that was not happening before, and stayed at least a month or 2.

The idea here, and again, was working FINE....on the client, tune to live channel, it uses the higher quailty OTA tuner, if user sets a recording form the app, the sever uses Locast as source to do the record. End result is much smaller file of the recorded show.
Whole setup fully transparent to the user, who still just sees in the app the OTA numbers.

and i have tried delete database, re create, re download guide. a few dozen times now after i make some change......absolutely, no mater what i do, i enable the use OTA numbering, the guide is bad. No matter what i do, i now can not get Locast to be used as source for recording via the sever unless the user specificly sets the recoding form the guide when it is set to show and use non OTA numbers.

Possible fix for this issue is in v2021.05.21.0024

Seems to be working now thanks. No dups

1 Like

same here looks good