Guide fwd/back 24 hrs

I would like to see the Guide use the FFwd and Rew buttons to go forward/backward 24 hrs in the Guide.
These buttons have no function currently in the Guide, give them something to do, they are available.

Apple Tv and Android TV(Shield) remote do not have those buttons. So it is not that common to have them.

I agree, and have seen many feature requests or comments about the need to improve guide navigation for multi-day browsing.
I really miss the easiness of my old Comcast cable box having easy way to change the date on the guide. Emby has the option to change the date you are viewing right there as well.
With Channels, seems you have to just endless scroll right...
The Web GUi guide does have date and time range u can select, but it is clumsy and the time range thing, not as good as fluid scrolling of the entire 24hr day, that others can do.

I have an Android TV device, the Walmart ONN UHD box, $20, and the ring around the OK button, right and left side, serves as Jump fwd 30 seconds, back 7 seconds, or press and hold for Ffwd/Rew.
Firestick of course has the separate buttons, I prefer that.
How do you do jump fwd 30 seconds on the Shield??
Just FYI the ONN remote also controls my TV, has a change INPUT button which works,
a channel Up/Down which works with Channels DVR.
Channels also uses the ONN box for the Live TV buffer, does about 15 minutes on mine,
If I switch from Original to 8-bit Channels does the Live TV buffer on the server side recording folder for basically 90 minutes or more, but does trans-coding making channel change take longer.

See my suggestion on January 6th. Would that work for you?

I don't see a post by you for Jan.6
Can you copy and reply here again?

Posted January 6th

loucille48DVR User

Jan 6

I use the server guide very often. It would be useful if the time line stayed at the top of the window as you scroll down the channel list. Also, if the selected date and time stayed at the top of the guide.

As it is now, if I am searching for a program or movie and the channel is down the guide list, I have to keep scrolling to the top to change the date and/or time for that channel. If the time line remained at the top of the window, it wouldn't be necessary to scroll to the top each time a new time is selected.

Another option would be to have a calendar icon to pick the date and a time line that can be scrolled left to right. Again, the time line would remain at the top of the window regardless of where you are searching in the channel guide.

Here is an example from another source:

Thanks

I rarely use the server side guide, and I'm more asking for the day at a time "jump" left / right on the guide.
But thanks for your input.