Guide questions on Android TV client

I have 3 sources with the following priority (TVE-Xfinity, Prime-Xfinity, Quatro-OTA) and have several duplicate channels like NBC, ABC, USA, TNT, etc. Of course each source has their own channel number but I thought in the Android TV client's guide that only one channel would show up from the highest priority tuner. However, that is not the case. For those stations I mentioned, I have 1 for each source showing up in the lowest channel number first even though the source with the lowest channel number is 3rd in priority.

Can someone explain what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Chuck

Go to Settings > Manage Sources, scroll down, and change Stack Duplicates to use "Guide data" instead of "Channel number".

Thanks for the help!
That seems to fix it but for some strange reason there is one channel it doesn't work for. WE TV shows both the Prime channel #836 and the TVE-Xfinity channel #6089.
Any idea why?

Edit: Actually there are a couple more like that.

Thanks again,
Chuck

They are probably using different guide names. You can try editing the TVE lineup on the server to use the cable guide data.

Make sure they're both actually the same, though, and not east/west feeds.

Thanks again for the quick reply. How would I go about doing that? I don't see how to change where the guide data comes from.

I believe you need to do it from the "Manage Lineup" entry of the HDHR tuner. There ought to be an option to edit the guide source on the right of the channel you'd like to modify.

For the TVE-Xfinity source the only option there is to rescan. I do see a way to update the guide data for the prime and quattro sources but I don't know what to select to use the same as the TVE-Xfinity source.

Not sure. I personally left them separate on my devices when I had a similar situation.

I suppose you could disable one on your clients so you'll only have a single entry.

Thanks for all your help. I will just leave them. There are only about 3-4 duplicates. Much better than before.

You can go into your source, Edit Lineup, and disable individual channels you don't want to see.

This is indeed a problem and you are the first person I have seen mention it other than me. There is a work around to get it to stop doing this. Check out my post and conversation regarding the issue in this thread.

Thanks for the suggestion.
I don't want to disable the channels as I would want them to be a back up in case the TVE-Xfinity channel didn't work. I had issues with a beta recently that didn't allow my TVE-Xfinity source to tune any channels, so I want the other sources as a backup if that happens again.

Thanks for the workaround, however when I tried it, they both remained. I can live with a few like that, I just didn't want the entire guide to have duplicates from the other lower priority sources.

No problem. The Xfinity thing is a whole other issue in its own. I just posted a 10 second screen record clip in that thread I linked you to that shows the behavior on my end.

I viewed your video and mine doesn't do that. Not sure why not. I'm using Android TV app, not the Android app. Not sure if that is the difference or not.

Interesting, mine does it on my Nvidia Shield and my Note 20. Doesn't do that on my iPhone though.

I have an Nvidia Shield too, so who knows why it works for you but not me. I guess that is why nothing works perfectly for everyone.

Thanks again for the help.

That is strange, just as strange that it doesn't happen on Fire TV for me.