Hallmark Channels won't authenticate on Channels

Getting the following error when trying to select any hallmark channel. YTTV is my provider.

2023/02/09 21:05:10.825154 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-YouTubeTV ch6092 HALLMARKDRAMA: TVE: invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value

I can log into their website and stream with no issue, so credentials are good.

I'm seeing the same (using Xfinity)
[ERR] Failed to start stream for ch6090: TVE: invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value
[ERR] Failed to start stream for ch6091: TVE: invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value
[ERR] Failed to start stream for ch6092: TVE: invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value

But I can also tell from the log that it authed the channel.
[TVE] action=auth mvpd=Comcast_SSO requestor=hallmarkchannel
[TVE] action=authed
[TVE] action=wait_for_page done=true reason=auth_finished

1 Like

Also using Philo

Same with Spectrum TVE. Something must have changed on the backend.

Good to know. I have a few recordings scheduled in the morning on Hallmark. If they fail, I won't be surprised.

I can see in the schedule that it has the Frndly TV channel as a backup (channel #7004):

Screenshot_20230210_004418

So if it fails to authenticate channel 6090, shouldn't it try the other one automatically?

it should, but for the small number of channels it would impact, I would put Frndly higher on the priority list, even temporarily.

Here's another clue. When using the Channels TVE Availability tool: Channels Support - TV Everywhere Availability , the check availability links to all three Hallmark channels are broken.

It’s fixed. Did a rescan this morning and they came back.

Yes, right in time for my recordings that had no issues. :sweat_smile:

I don't think they keep those links updated.
It shows links for NFL and RedZone using Xfinity (which isn't a supported provider for NFL TVE).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.