Hardware transcoding not available

I've got a Mac Mini running Channels-DVR which previously showed hardware transcoding enabled in the Web GUI. However, today it shows software transcoding.

The Web GUI shows the specs as:

OS
Apple Macmini6,2
Darwin
10.12.6 (kernel: 16.7.0)
CPU
4 cores / Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3615QM CPU @ 2.30GHz

This processor shows that Quick Sync is a feature:

http://ark.intel.com/products/64900/Intel-Core-i7-3615QM-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_30-GHz

The logs indicate that hardware transcoding was working on the 25th:

2017/07/25 12:07:15 [HLS] Starting transcoder for channel 5.1 (encoder=h264_videotoolbox, resolution=240, deinterlacer=linear, bitrate=360)

But today I only see software:

2017/07/30 12:59:52 [HLS] Starting transcoder for channel 5.1 (encoder=libx264, resolution=1080, deinterlacer=linear, bitrate=10000)

I've bounced the DVR with no difference. Any ideas?

Did you use “install.sh --system”, or a regular user installation?

The DVR tries to use hw transcoder on boot to decide if it’s available. Bouncing it usually fixes the issue…

I don’t believe that install.sh --system was an option when I first installed it, but I recall that I installed it asa service when that became an option.

The other odd thing about this is a that my uptime indicates that it was running hardware and then later switched to software.

I bounced the box and it came back up with Hardware enabled.

I did also notice that the load time is taking a bit longer than usual. The log indicates it took almost 4 minutes to fully load.