HDHR Flex 4K only uses 2 tuners?

I just got a HDHR Flex 4K 4 tuner device to replace the Connect Quatro that failed.

Is it supposed to only use tuner 2 & 3 when i first tune anything?

It goes 0, 1, 2, 3.

I do not have ATSC 3.0 channels it seems.

When no streams are using the tuner, when i first tune a OTA station via Channels or the HDHDR app, it defaults to use Tuner 2. Open new stream, tuner 3.

Tuners 0 and 1 are the ATSC3 tuners, and ATSC1 streams default to tuner 2 and 3 first. If both of those tuners are in use, then it will put the third ATSC1 stream on tuner 0.

So, that means is only a 2 tuner 3.0 device? But they advertise it as 4 tuner ATSC3.0 device i thought.

So, i can play 4x non 3.0 channels, but only 2x 3.0 channels???

The 4 tuner devices are 2 ATSC1/3 tuners, and 2 ATSC1 tuners. (I believe the Duo models are 1/1, but you can check the actual datasheets yourself; I'm not your paid research assistant.)

Scroll down to Technical Specifications
https://www.silicondust.com/product/hdhomerun-flex-4k/

See a real world example solved today

From the brief info i have read on wikip, there seems to be no advantages to useing a ATSC 3.0 tuner to tune a 1.0 station then.
I was hoping that getting the "newer" and "better" hardware would give me some advantage over the older model.
There does not seem to be any plans to get 3.0 station in my area anytime soon, there was a test done year or two ago i found, but no set launch dates or transition plans that i can find that is updated info.
o well.

I am still waiting to get my RMA back for a replacement HDHR.
They claimed it shipped yesterday, but have not responded to give me a tracking number.

Curious if you have time to check it out, I made notes from a post I saw on SD's forum when they first released the 4K tuner and it stated ATSC 1.0 channel tune attempts using virtual channel numbers (i.e. v2.1) would use the four tuners in the following order - 2, 3, 1, 0. Of course that post has fallen off the retention cliff on their forum. That's why I copy/paste into a text file things I know they won't retain.