Help with Advanced Passes, want condition comparator "!=" or "!CONTAINS"

I’m setting up DVR Advanced Passes as “Wish Lists” (Great feature by the way!) for shows that don’t appear in the EPG because they’re on hiatus, or have ended and I’m waiting for certain episodes I missed recording to re-run so I can record them.

I’ve been able to stumble into using Advances Passes by experimentation, but it would be nice to have help for the advanced pass options with examples (hint, hint), like a WiKi or tutorial.

My problem is if I set an advanced pass using a generic enough title to match/catch any possible future airings, I end up having to manually skip certain titles I really don’t want. A small PITA, but better than missing what I intended to record.

Just one example of many is “Survivorman” (Les Stroud).
I would like to record episodes I missed recording previously, except for the Title “Survivorman: Bigfoot” that I don’t want.

If use ‘Title EQUALS Survivorman’, all I get is “Survivorman” (this appears to be case sensitive)
SO,
I’m using ‘Title CONTAINS Survivorman’ (this appears to be case sensitive)
But, how do I exclude “Survivorman: Bigfoot” ???

If I could use ‘Title CONTAINS Survivorman’ AND ‘Title !CONTAINS Bigfoot’ that should work.

There are the following titles as far as I know (are there more???);
“Beyond Survival with Les Stroud” <- covered with another advanced pass
“Survivorman”
“Survivorman: Beyond Survival”
“Survivorman: Bigfoot” <- don’t want
“Survivorman: Lost Pilots”
“Survivorman: Ten Days”
“Survivorman & Son”
“Survivorman’s Secrets of Survival”
“Survivorman’s Survival Secrets”

Just one of many examples where DOES NOT EQUAL/CONTAIN would be useful in the advanced rule.

NOT EQUAL is available in the latest DVR pre-release. NOT CONTAINS is planned but not currently available.

1 Like

Thanks for the update!
+1 for NOT CONTAINS and some documentation for this Great Feature of your product.

Can you also make the match case insensitive? I always assumed POSIX case matching was “a good thing” and might be for a file system but a “Book” and a “book” and a “BOOK” are of course all the same thing. Similarly if I want to record “masterchef” it shouldn’t fail because it is “Masterchef”.