HLS option

A Remux should be enough, the videos play outside of the home, but not inside.

The Videos probably play fine outside the home because it is transcoding. I do not think that recorded media when using HLS option gets remuxed or use HLS option.

When watching LiveTV I see Remux on the web page when viewing recording all I see is watching.

I was confused, I also have movies that play, but hang unless a Remux is running. The TV Series is XviD. So I'm guessing my best bet is to Remux (not sure if this is the right term here) them to another format with Handbrake or something that Channels/FireTV can deal with. What's the best format to choose...Any ideas?

MPeg4 H264 is the most compatible. You could try a simple remux with FFMPEG to mkv... or provide a sample of a recording to Channels Support.

Thanks!!!

Please submit diagnostics after playing one of the files that doesn’t work without transcoding. We may be able to fix it.

1 Like

I've never really understood exactly how the submission of diagnostic logs works. If I submit logs from the client shortly after an unexpected event, you'll know exactly why the logs were submitted without me following up here or via email?

Nope.

You'll need to let us know when you sent them and why. Just submitting diagnostics will just push them to the ether and no one will see them or even know why they were submitted. Many people do this, but it does nothing.

If you see something funny, submit diagnostics, then contact us in some manner, then we have information to go off of.

Thank you for explaining that. I'm definitely guilty of submitting meaningless diagnostic logs. I will follow up in the future.