Home Videos Sorting

I have a large selection of music videos I have downloaded from various sources, mainly YouTube. I have taken the time to make sure each of the files have the same naming structure, Artist Name - Song Title. These are imported to the "Video" section of the server since they are neither movies or tv shows. My question is, can these be sorted alphabetically? It seems that I recall seeing an option for sorting titles alphabetically, but I can't seem to find it either on the sever or my ATV4K client.

Thank you again for a great product and outstanding support.

I would also like to see the option to view this sorted alphabetically.

Agreed that Videos could use a little attention when it comes to this.

When they first shipped, they sort of were based on TV shows.

As it is now, if you have your videos season and episode numbers, they’ll sort that way. But that’s essentially a hack.

I’ll look into making sorting these a little better.

1 Like

Thank you for the information. No big deal, just some convenience for myself. I suppose i had been dreaming when I thought i had seen an alphabetical sort option, lol.

I greatly enjoy your product and appreciate the support of the developers. Keep up the good work.

Ok, as of the latest DVR pre-release, you can now adjust the way Video Groups sort their recordings. Your choices are: Alphabetically (by title), Season/Episode, Original Air Date, and Date Added.

This is utilized by the tvOS/iOS client right now, but will be added to Android eventually.

1 Like

Thank you for the update. I greatly appreciate your work. You guys are amazing. I hope others will enjoy and benefit from the new sorting options. Keep up the good work, we'll keep watching.

Jeff

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.