How do I reboot channels remotely?

I recommend DWS. Way better than teamviewer imo.
https://www.dwservice.net/en/home.html

I can create a private url link to certain functions, like it opens a remote terminal, and i can issue commands super fast and easy. Or link it to just pull up the Screen in one click.

As others have said the easiest thing to do is schedule it to reboot and have channels in the list of things to start up on boot. Both of these are things you can setup in system preferences.

I have a raspberry Pi 3 with OpenVPN. I can then reach my Channels server, which runs on a different Pi, from anywhere in the world via my iPhone browser using the channels server admin page URL. I reboot from there. image|230x500

That’s what I got. It worked good initially …. now it prompts me for password!

Here is another thought. Do any of these apps allow me to reboot the server by rebooting my computer. That is the only way I have been able to reboot the server properly. So can it turn my computer on remotely?

Can you submit diagnostics after it stops working and you've rebooted to fix things?

submitted. should I email?

2021/05/31 14:10:47.496765 [DVR] Error running job 1622480400-ch6092 In Love and War (2001): open /Volumes/Seagate Portable Drive/DVR/Movies/In Love and War (2001) 2021-05-31-1407.mpg: too many open files

This is a macOS issue and should be possible to fix.

1 Like

If all you want to do is remotely turn off and on your Mac, then just spend $15-20 on a WiFi and cloud enabled Smart Outlet and download a free app to your phone.

That could cause more problems then what it is worth you might wind up with corrupted files or database.

1 Like

Yanking the power out from under a running O/S is generally regarded as A Bad Idea.

Better to identify and address the problem than introduce another.

2 Likes

OpenVPN is asking you for a password? In your app?