How do i simulate the Tivo Button Detector Tivo Button?

I got a new TV & the Tivo had some compatibility issues with it. Lucky for me, I did get a TV with Android TV, so i set that up instead. I loved the fact that on the Tivo, i could hit the Tivo guy & open the app straight into the library. Is there a way using Button Mapper, to simulate that operation?

I've already set the default state to guide when I open the app and programed a button to open it using button mapper. I swear I've seen topics that adress this function, but I'm unable to find them.

You are talking about this thread:

Short answer, use Button Mapper to open the Channels App.

1 Like

I have done that, but I'm hoping to be able to have two buttons mapped to it. A button press to open it into guide (default behavior) and a seperate button to open it straight into the library.

Ah, then you are out of luck. You can only have one default open behavior. What you are thinking of is you used to be able to make a selection in the app and in the device's settings menu that allowed you to override the default behavior so that if you clicked the "Guide" button anywhere, it would open to the guide and you could make your default behavior to open to wherever. This was also true of other remotes with additional buttons (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow) that can be programmed with different functions to open a specific area of the app.

All of these work INSIDE the Channels app, but none of them work OUTSIDE the Channels app. This was caused by a change Google made and, in order to be compliant, the Devs had to remove that feature. The whole backstory and whatnot is in the above linked thread, too. So basically, you have one default button to open the app to whichever area you are most likely to want it to open to (I'd say the Library in your case) and then once you are inside the app you can press the "Guide" button to have it go to the Guide. Yes, it is two presses instead of one, but it is what it is.

On the 4k stream you can download the beta app and have the button detector work as normal.again.

I may have not explained myself very well, I do tend to do that. I have a new Android TV and bought a new remote that I can program almost every button function using Button Mapper. I'm wondering if there is a command that would program a button separately to open up the channels app i to the different sections.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.