How To Create your own 24/7 Channels with your own media

I was having issues getting this up and running on my Synology DS1019+; mainly because I only have a rudimentary understanding of Linux. So if there is anyone else in the same boat, I found these two links to be helpful:

Creating custom "TV channel" streams on Plex using dizqueTV
How to login to DSM with root permission via SSH/Telnet

So, I was able to get it installed and working...mostly.

In Plex, the 24/7 custom channels I created are there, the guide data is there, and it plays as intended. But, in Channels DVR, I loaded the m3u file (which it does direct to the xml file with the EPG data) and it shows and plays the 24/7 custom channels, but there is no guide data for the episodes. Any suggestions where to look to get the guide data into Channels DVR for the custom channels?

EDIT: I found my problem. The location to specify the url for the xml file was a bit hidden:

2 Likes

Dude! This is awesome!! Thank you for putting this guide together. I downloaded the unraid docker and it is working perfectly.

1 Like

Neat! Gonna have to try this. Great work!

1 Like

This is really cool... I have to try this out soon. Thanks for sharing!

As soon as someone figures out how to make this work without Plex, I'm all over it. I've been dying for a solution like this for many years. Can't believe how close it is to reality.

Trying to add a South Park Channel. The channel shows up in the guide, but the guide doesn't populate with the episode listing.

I get this.

Failed to download xmltv: xmltv unexpected ctype: text/plain; charset=utf-8

1 Like

update to the latest pre release

1 Like

Of Channels or Dizque?

Channels.

1 Like

Running this on my Synology DS1019+, the video quality is garbage. I imagine there's some setting I'm not using correctly that would improve it.

Wish there was a solution that didn’t require plex. Hopefully one will turn up eventually!

The issue is plex is very very good at organizing data

Spinning up a plex container you don’t even use is remarkably easy

This is pretty cool. I had it up and running in docker on synology ds220+ with 4 custom channels already. I’m not a programmer, just a basic everyday computer user and was able to get this to work. But I have a few questions if anyone can help.

1. Is there anything I can do improve the video quality? I can stream the same movies from the same file location in plex or channels crystal clear but when streaming from hers the quality is diminished.

2. What is causing the CPU of the nas to work harder from dizquetv?

Any help would be appreciated.

Every get a solution on this? I just set it up and love it but the picture quality is poor.