Hulu TVE: Big chunks of channels not available

This problem with Hulu is constantly recurring based on reports in this forum, and it results in missed recordings. About every 3 or 4 days I have to remote in to my Channels DVR server Win 10 machine, launch a Chrome incognito window, manually login to my Hulu account (I usually go into my account settings screen then) and minimize that window. For the past month this seems to reduce the amount of missed recordings due to authentication problems, and I get the authorization email much less frequently. My Hulu account is only accessed from this one computer, at one static IP address.

I wish there was a way to resolve this without recurring user intervention.

This is not required or recommended. It's only going to make things worse because you're adding a bunch of ghost sessions into your Hulu devices list.

What would you suggest should be done to solve this problem?

Submit diagnostics and email support so we can see what the actual problem is.

Okay. This issue has been around for a while now, has no one sent you any logs to troubleshoot it previously?

How many times have you submitted diagnostics when the problem happened?

1 Like

Eleventy seven.

1 Like

The last diagnostics submission I see is from 6 months ago.

1 Like

Very possible. I'll post next time Channels has a problem with Hulu.

2023/02/03 11:09:37.745434 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Hulu ch6107 INVESTIGATION-DISCOVERY: TVE: Cable provider authentication failed

Diagnostics submitted.

I also just received (3) emails from Hulu wanting Login verification, each with a different verification code.

We've made some changes in the prerelease that should help with this issue.

1 Like

Thank you!

Based on your diagnostics I see that for the discovery channels its trying to login more often than its supposed to. There is some improvement we can make for this combination (Hulu + Discovery) which I will include in the next prerelease.

1 Like

2023/02/03 17:48:51.294579 [ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Hulu ch6107 INVESTIGATION-DISCOVERY: TVE: Cable provider authentication failed

Version 2023.02.03.0743

I believe the latest release may have solved this after all. Thanks.

Is your problem still resolved using the latest?

To my knowledge, I have no missed recordings over the last 7 days.

Just for the heck of it, I went ahead and tried to tune a Discovery Channel just now, and it took it a good 30 seconds to authenticate, but finally did and worked. I see other services are struggling with Discovery right now, so I'll submit diagnostics - maybe it will help.

I had issues with Magnolia channel (Discovery Networks) for quite some time Magnolia recording failed no login form found
Once I migrated to the new Channels DVR TVE docker that uses chrome v109, it's been working (knock on wood).

Just thought I'd mention that I had another week with no failed recordings on 2023.02.12.1626. No issues with the Discovery networks, at least none that I'm aware of.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.