Imports?

I've tried this a couple more times and when I try and remove a source folder the DVR eventually hangs, it seems like it fails during the process where the files are being removed from the ChannelsDVR database. I have to force close the DVR app in the QNAP OS and restart it for it to work again, then the imported files are still present in the Imported and Movies, but the source folder is removed. Clicking prune deleted doesn't have an affect and I'm unable to remove the directory again to try and kick off the files being removed. is there a command I can run to remove all imported files without having to roll back the DVR to a previous backup without them?

Could you check the log to see if there are any errors after you ask it to prune?

No errors in the log after clicking prune, unfortunately.

Please try the latest build. It should ignore those @thumb folders now.

Thanks for the update, my only problem is I still have all the .@thumb files and the previous movie files present in my Imports folder. I've removed the movie source folder from within the DVR Web interface, but as I mentioned above the DVR hung while in the process of removing the folder, and I had to force a restart which left a large amount of the thumb files and genuine movie files still visible, and prune doesn't remove these files. So I'm ready to test the new DVR build that should ignore the .@thumb files but won't be sure whether it's really ignoring them or not until I remove the old ones that are still there. Is there a command or something I can do to clear these files?

Hello Maddox. How can I add my TV Show library to this new beta. I have the latest Beta build of the DVR, but I donā€™t see any option for uploading the TV Shows. Thanks.

1 Like

Thereā€™s no Import feature for TV Shows in Channels DVR Server at the moment.

Oh ok. Iā€™ve patiently waited for this to mature a bit before installing these Betas, and I must say theyā€™re pretty awesome. The Guide seems to be a bit ā€œstickierā€, for a lack of better words, but it feels and looks great on both iOS and TVOS. :+1:t4: Now for 4K playback, and this is an all-in-one reliable solution!! Great job guys!!!! One happy camper here.

2 Likes

I have a couple of kids movies in different languages that can't be properly detected. I'm fine with that but one of the movies is incorrectly matched with another English movie. Is there a way of removing the match all-together on a movie instead of replacing it with something else?

I put up some that it is either not correctly identifying, or not identifying at all. I would like to see a checkbox to turn off auto detection and just let the filenames show thru. I'd also like a checkbox to ignore finding movies and just let us traverse the tree structure that we put together ourselves.

"Wattle and Daub presents Tarrare The Freak (2017).mp4" doesn't even show up, while "Tarrare The Freak (2017).mp4" shows up as " Ramblin' Freak (2017)".

"Eugenius! The Musical (2017).mp4" shows up as "EMO the Musical (2016)".

"How to Occupy an Oil Rig - Daniel Bye (2013).mp4" doesn't even show up, while "Cookies - The Film (2017).mp4" shows up only as a link that says "Cookies - The Film (2017)".

Can Behind The Scenes be added as a folder to ignore?

2020/05/05 20:54:15.153463 [SCN] Imported movie Sneakers (1992)/behind the scenes/The Making of Sneakers.mkv

Itā€™s gonna be tough to blacklist folder names like that as theres no real standard for these names. People could have different names for these.

I'm seeing that the folder featurettes is hidden. Would it be possible to use a standardized list like Emby/Plex suggested?

Movie extras

Special features for movies can be stored as video files in an extras folder under movie folders. Nested folders are not supported.

In addition to extras, several other sub-folder names are supported:

extras
    specials
    shorts
    scenes
    featurettes
    behind the scenes
    deleted scenes
    interviews
    trailers

With a list existing already and others probably following this, this seems legit. We'll look at adding the list.

2 Likes

Providing some feedback after playing with this beta feature. I did provide my setup and requested information in the other thread: RESEARCH: Media Library Organization

Longtime Channels DVR user. Bravo on the attempt to bring in other media, but doubt this feature / capability set will ever replace my other media software without significant development time put in. If this capability were to ever make it into Channels as a primary feature it is competing with software that has been in active development for 16 years (XBMC / Kodi) and 12 years (Plex) respectfully. To this day they are still trying to get it right.

A few missing features that would be essential for me to consider switching to using Channels for my primary Movie viewing...

1. Use the NFO and image files in file structure if present, else go ahead and scrape away.
  2. Honor sort title meta data in NFO.
  3. Option to ignore articles (A, An, The,...) that are in movie titles while sorting. "A few good men" should sort as "Few Good Men".
  4. Support for movie sets and group movies by set.
1 Like

I'd like this even without the movie imports. Channels currently sorts all entries based upon their reported title, including articles. It's annoying, against common sense, and easily fixed by using a separate sort title field, or using a regex for sorting that uses something like s/^[The|An?]\s//, perhaps.

Gah, this was on my list to finally do in 4.0.

Iā€™ll get to it soon. This is lazy, sorry.

2 Likes

We are testing a possible fix for this in the latest TestFlight build for Apple TV.

I think @tmm1 meant to reply to you

Tried it out on my ATV 4K and can confirm the bug appears fixed. And I am able to seek thru 35GB+ rips like butter. So quick and smooth. Great job!

Iā€™m not sure how much of a factor the ATV model plays and Iā€™ll be trying out my normal ATV soon.

I havenā€™t played with imports since I posted that, but Iā€™m noting the matching appears much improved as well. Are you still looking for reports on matching, missing content, false positives, bugs and suggestions related to that?

1 Like