Imports?

That one is correct.

1 Like

Here is another group:
The folder is Star Wars. And I number them to keep in sequence. Looks like you matched on 03,04,05,06 but not 01 and 02.

2019/11/03 10:11:16 [SCN] Imported movie Star Wars/01 Star Wars_ A New Hope.mp4
2019/11/03 10:11:19 [SCN] Imported movie Star Wars/02 Star Wars_ Return of the Jedi.mp4
2019/11/03 10:11:21 [SCN] Imported movie Star Wars/03 Star Wars_ Attack of the Clones.mp4
2019/11/03 10:11:23 [SCN] Imported movie Star Wars/04 Star Wars_ Revenge of the Sith.mp4
2019/11/03 10:11:24 [SCN] Imported movie Star Wars/05 Star Wars_ The Phantom Menace.mp4
2019/11/03 10:11:26 [SCN] Imported movie Star Wars/06 Star Wars_ The Empire Strikes Back.mp4

For custom naming schemes you need to select Fix Incorrect Match and select the proper movie manually.

1 Like

Very nice work!

As a test I imported 31 movies and it correctly identified all but one. I was able to Fix Incorrect Match on it and select the correct one.

How hard would it be to use longDescription, instead of Summary which displays now?

1 Like

I fixed a few and they show correct ICON on my Apple TV but not on the WEB UI where I fixed it. Are you planning to show the correct UI so when we fix it we know it has the correct UI?

I'm not sure what icon you're talking about. Please take a screenshot of the problem.

On matching one of my imports to SH030178570000, it displays a generic TV Show banner.
I figured out how to override the preview image with a capture I made from the video, but how do I override that generic banner?

Going to compete with Plex...if only it was not 8$ but 5$ or maybe 2 months gratis with yearly payment :wink:

It is :grin:

2 Likes

Playing around with the imports....I have a movie that is having a hard time matching

First:
A Bad Moms Christmas.2017.1080p.BluRay.x264.mp4

Then I removed the periods
A Bad Moms Christmas 2017 1080p BluRay x264.mp4

Then removed X264
A Bad Moms Christmas 2017 1080p BluRay.mp4

Then removed 1080p
A Bad Moms Christmas 2017 BluRay.mp4

Then finally BluRay
A Bad Moms Christmas 2017.mp4

Which then finally found a match. Looks like I have a lot of cleanup to do in my movies folder.

I am getting this error

C:\WINDOWS\system32>curl -XPUT http://10.0.1.4:8089/dvr/scanner/paths/movies?path=\\swemby\emby media\movies\movies
truecurl: (6) Could not resolve host: media\movies\movies

My assumption is it doesn't like the space in 'emby media'

Yeah I tried doing quotes but I could not get it to work

Try URL encoding the space in the path (ie, use %20 rather than (space)) when submitting the path. Or mount the remote path locally, and use the local mount point (preferably named without spaces in the path).

You've Got Mail has the PICTURE of the two actors (I call this a ICON - I guess wrong name). Notice it is on the Apple TV and also in the lookup to fix the matching. But it is not in the Web UI Recordings for any of the shows including this one. You know I selected it because it shows on the Apple TV.

What you are calling an "Icon" is usually referred to as the "Poster" image. The other image is a screen capture of a random scene of the recording. That screen capture is present for all recordings when you select the "Recordings" entry from the "Recordings" tab of the DVR web UI. (That screen capture is also used as the image for episodes of a series when viewed on the clients.)

If I understand your comment correctly, you want the "Imports" section to behave more like "Movies" than "Recordings." Would that be an accurate statement?

Yes... Actually, I did not even look at the Movies Section. That section does reduce the problem since I can look there instead of going in the other room to see the change. But would be nice when I select a movie icon in the imports section it shows that I changed it correctly right where I changed it. But I guess not a big deal.

@racameron is correct. That's just the "unmatched movies" section, which is set to show the thumbnail image, since unmatched movies don't have posters. The rest of the UI shows the poster.

This is early days of all of this and things will be cleaned up, but I hope that settles the confusion in what you're seeing.

That is not what I was saying. I am talking about the "matched movies" under the imports section. See my picture above. You have "Imports" and under that you have "unmatched" and "movies". The movies is the "matched" but they do not show the Poster. You have to go above imports to the Movies section to see the posters of those that are matched.

I agree...I wish it would show the posters for the movie instead of the random scene.