Imports?

Yep, plus sign, sorry, I was going from memory. Maybe I'll just re-add and see how it goes ...

Yeah I tried QNAP's equivalent feature, but you can't specify where it mounts the folder. It mounts it in /mnt and Channels looks in /share. I can probably hack it together but I was hoping it use a supported QNAP mounting feature to get it to work.

I use iScsi for this using my QNAPs..works well and is very
reliable..use iscsi initiator on Win 10 to complete the binding
process but you need some free NAS space to setup an iscsi drive so
that might be a problem for you..

When I login on my iMac to the Channels DVR Web UI I give me a list of ALL folders on "volume1" (my only volume). The "Mount" folder is the one that points to my other Synology NAS. I click on that and I see my "Media" folder where I drill down to 2x Movies type folders which I set for Imports.

Not trying to tell you this is the way QNAP should work but just giving you feedback on how Synology works that might be helpful.

Is there currently a way to "unmatch" a movie? I have a number of titles that have been mis-matched, but the correct title isn't available.

@tmm1 I keep getting a 404 page not found error...

curl -XPUT http://x:8089/dvr/scanner/paths/movies?path=⁩\Music⁩\iTunes\iTunes%20Media\Movies\

What am I missing?!

You need to update your DVR to the pre-release. There's also a UI now so you don't need to use curl.

1 Like

Amazeballs! Love this feature. Great work on Channels.

Just updated to latest and noticed you added support for more mount points when adding a share, nice! This solves adding remote files on QNAP with the Connect to Cloud Drive app. Very cool. There are some weird display issues in the UI when adding the shares, but it works. Currently scanning remote rips folder.

Please screenshot and email us

Done.

I know I’m missing something here, but I have the latest server build and for the life of me, I cannot find any options to import my movie collection. What am I missing here? I’m on a MacMini Server edition and have all my files stored locally on the mini. How do I add this as a media source?

What is your current versions? Only prerelease versions have the option to import outside recordings. Current prerelease version 2019.11.14.0115.

What version of the DVR are you running?
DVR web UI Setting tab under Status
Version 2019.11.14.0115

It should be about middle of the page on the Settings tab

No wonder!! I have the 10.29 older version but the UI says I’m “Up to date”. How can I force update the server?

Hmmm. Maybe I’m not subscribed to pre release versions? Cause I can’t update to anything after 2019.10.29.0031. Thanks!

The October 29 version is the latest stable release. Shift+Click the "Check for update" button to check for prereleases.

Niiiice!! Thank you. That picked it right up. New to Channels, still bumping my head around a bit. I appreciate the help. Can’t wait to give Plex one big kick in the butt. Channels was a savior!!!

The scanning worked pretty well. Only two movies weren’t matched, and I can’t seem to correct them. One is: “Big Pun: The Legacy” (2007), and I did omit the “:”. The other one is: Porky’s (1981), and yes I did omit the apostrophe. Both of these movies appear in IMDB and Plex scans them just fine. What can I do to get the posters and info for these movies?

Find the movie and select Fix Incorrect Match