Incorrect episode count 21

I keep a lot of shows in my (record/watch/delete) pool, and other shows I want to keep. In those cases I want to move them out of the \Channels\TV path and to my imported media path on bigger and cheaper storage. The episode count badge always get's messed up when this happens.

Recorded the four parts of "Muhammed Ali" from PBS as an example. Shows in the library:

I copy the directory to a place outside of Channels managed space, then delete the series in Channels, empty the trash. Fine, it's gone, what I expected.

When I move the files to my import archive location and scan, the four episodes are there again. But they're tagged as 8.

I found a couple of old threads on this, "Incorrect episode count" and one mentioning episode badges, in both cases the answer was "restart the Channels DVR program". Which I did, and it worked, but is that the best / only answer?

Thanks, all, I love this program.

Does it also happen with the dvr prerelease version?

Did you try Local Content > Maintenance > Prune Deleted?

Yes.

And this one:

I rebooted and cleared after posting, I'll record some more and attempt to reproduce.

1 Like

Just downloaded 2021.10.08.0020.

Taking these:
and copying their file folder to my desktop.

Go to Trash, see them there with more Trash. Empty the Trash.

Go back to Library/TV shows. They're gone, as expected.

Copy the folder with three epsidoes to my Local Content / TV Sources folder.

Rescan Local content and voila!

Click into the TV show to see there are only three:

Are you seeing this in the Web UI? If so, I can confirm this bug has been present for quite some time. However, it does not happen in the Apple TV client for me. Having spent much time with custom imports (import, trash, re-import), the "new count" in the web UI kept going up. Every so often (days/weeks?) it resets back to normal, but never figured out the pattern. As the Web UI is a stated low-priority, I had not bothered to report the issue.

The counts are reset whenever the dvr restarts (for example if you upgrade to prerelease).

I should have a fix for this in the next prerelease build.

Try this one:

WebUI = yes. Channels DVR client, ALSO yes.

Present for some time, yes

Restarting (rebooting) the servers has been the only fix so far.

Looks like a fix, thank you so much!!

1 Like