Incorrect show name

For some reason channels has called the Great British Bake Off “the great British baking show”.

Why has it got the wrong title?

I can’t find a way to manually change it. Is there a way?

The name comes from the guide provider. There is no way to change it that I am aware of. To confirm, can you find the show on zap2it.com and see if it’s wrong there? If so, report it to them, they can correct it.

I can’t open the link?!

I’ve looked them up and it looks like they only provide US and Canada listings. I’m in the UK

You can try asking on the SiliconDust forums to get the guide information corrected. But you're right, Gracenote (the guide data provider) is US-centric. Because of copyrights/trademarks from Pillsbury over the term "bake off", here in the States GBBO is "Great British Baking Show".

The place to ask for SD to have changes upstreamed in the guide to Gracenote is via their Guide Issues subforum.

This is a known UK/US naming issue in the DVR. Did you record this show or import it? What is the url in the browser for the screenshot above?

I’m accessing it remotely right now so don’t want to give the full thing but it is:

channelsdvr.net:8089/admin/recordings/shows/details/8251114?from=all

The correct name shows up in the guide and when searching. It’s just in my library of recordings where the name gets messed up.

1 Like

Another weird guide related error.

Everything is in English, except the description which appears to be in Spanish?

I have a similar situation that is happening now and has happened in the past.
I have a series pass for Primal Survivor.
When I bring up the series/show info it pulls in the info for the spanish version named Solo Contra el Mundo.

Primal Survivor is tmsId SH023291350000
Solo Contra el Mundo is tmsId SH023226420000

SeriesID 12398218
http://192.168.1.4:8089/admin/search/12398218?seriesName=Primal%20Survivor