Inherit source priority yielding strange results

Not sure if this is a server or client issue (and I'm not sure when it started) but all my devices (tvOS, iOS, iPadOS, macOS) are showing a different tuner source priority from the server. I can't find a pattern but whenever I reorder the priority on the server in any way, the clients show a wildly different list (but all the clients reflect the same wild variation).

Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 8.54.03 PM

IMG_0303

2 Likes

Client and server source priority are separate. What’s on the sever has nothing to do with clients.

You can adjust source priority (and if they are enabled) for clients via server side settings.

I have the server side setting enabled (second screenshot above). The way it's phrased makes it sound like the client source priority should reflect what's on the server. Is that not the case?

Whoops, I missed the screenshot of you having the setting set.

We’ve seen other reports of this. I’ll check it out today.

1 Like

I fight with this as well. It could be the the inherit source order from server and the specify the client source order settings in conflict. Mine started behaving better after I removed the client source order override.

Pretty sure it works but it’s backwards. Toggle it from blue to grey, it syncs with the server and stays synced. Toggle to blue it goes back to different order from server.

oooook. I think we finally got it now. The latest TestFlight beta should have this fixed now, and it should be a lot less confusing.

One thing to know is, Server Side Sources always win over Inherit Source Priority.

1 Like

Everyone on this thread, please let me know if this resolves everything.

Working perfectly for me in TestFlight! Thanks!

1 Like