Interference when iMessage comes in

I’m watching channels on my phone outside my home. A notification comes up from iMessages and the notification tone sounds. But then, all audio cuts out from the channels app for about 15 seconds. Then the audio slowly comes back but it’s choppy at first until about another 30 seconds, it clears up.

Which audio driver?

I've seen that too, but I don't watch on my phone that often so didn't mess around with it. But I bet that turning on Do Not Disturb from the control panel while watching TV would mitigate the annoyance.

Yes, of course. That means no notifications come through, right?

Yes that is how it works, just like when you get a message or call and the audio pauses.

Well that could be a good work around but really doesn’t solve the issue.

My point is that there isn't an issue. Pausing the audio is how it is supposed to work when getting a message or a call. Does it do the same thing when you are listening to music or watching a video with other apps?

No. The music dims a bit. Also, for channels, as the audio comes back, it’s not clear for about 15-20 seconds. Very scratchy. That’s definitely not a feature.

Doesn't seem like a big deal. 15 to 20 seconds isn't that bad. Haven't seen any other complaints. Turn off the notification or switch to Android. Good luck.

Wow, it’s a bug. Not a big deal, yea, but reporting for a potential fix.

Hopefully they don't make your 15 second wait a top priority. Again, good luck.

All audio bugs are a priority for us to fix.

2 Likes

So you consider this a bug? It seems pretty normal from my experience when I get a message or a missed call.

The behavior described in the initial post is not expected behavior.

1 Like

Here’s what I notice today while on my Wi-Fi network… right before the notification sounds started, the audio gets a bit cracklely, audio fades while the notification sounds plays (normal behavior), and once the notification sounds finishes audio returns to normal level but as it does, it is crackely for a bit.

Change to experimental audio.

See:

1 Like

It happens to plex in a similar fashion when I stream music from my server when I am listening away over cellular. I get a call, music stops, I decline call, and it resumes play in 15-20 seconds after buffering. No big deal. Good luck.

Changed to experimental. That solved the problem.

2 Likes