International DVR

I hope Gracenote add support for Poland when we switch to DVBT2

1 Like

@tmm1 - can you see if you can add New Zealand as a grace note provider in the drop down options?

They don't have NZ yet.

Strange, I seem to have lost Australia as a guide provider. Its not visible as an option in the guide provider dropdown menu. As a result all my scheduled recordings have disappeared

If they stopped support Australia you need to use xmltv source
I got posted today with this source Here

Hey mate, Australia has been removed from the Gracenote source on the last couple of beta releases.

Thanks its just a beta issue

We are still working to secure a license for this guide data now that we know it works. There are additional restrictions and hoops in place by the Australian media companies.

I see. So will it be available in the stable release during this process. I can see it there but not in the betas

It is not supposed to be showing anywhere. If it is that is a mistake. It was enabled for prerelease briefly to confirm it works.

Ok so I will go back to the community xml source until you've confirmed that its a permanent option

By the way NZ is also listed as supported by Gracenote in beta now

How goes the efforts to get a licence?

No updates yet. It seems like we might not be eligible because of some of the features in our app. For the time being the best option for Australia is either community based XMLTV, IceTV or HDHomeRun DVR XMLTV.

1 Like

@tmm1 What is the best option for Channels DVR support in New Zealand currently? .. I'm looking at setting up HDHomerun Quattro and Shield with the Channels DVR app.

Do i need to subscribe to the HDHR DVR service and the Channels Subscription as well?

Gracenote announced an expansion into Poland in May ‘21 - is there any possibility of providing an EPG for Polish TV within Channels?

I noticed last month whilst messing around with Plex that their Live TV functionality now offers an EPG for Polish channels so hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I can't answer for the devs, but I would think if you have a Silicon Dust HDHR tuner and the Silicon Dust HDHR app shows guide data in Poland, Channels DVR should be able to.

Not sure if one of the logos SD displays near the bottom of this page DVR Service - SiliconDust means Poland is supported?

Regions Supported

Our DVR service works in following regions: (with more regions to follow shortly)

The best thing to do is just try it.

Might show Poland for you?

Available in US, Canada, UK, Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand and Brazil.

Sadly their services aren’t available in Poland, and besides I’m using a Pi with a TV hat for OTA services which works - I suspect you’d need their hardware to purchase a subscription.

We added Poland to the list of countries. Please update to the latest pre-release and give it a try and let us know.