IPTVX, iProTV and Quadstream: Multiview via Channels

Anyone using Quadstream and notice that Twitch streams aren't working? Trying to watch sports on Channels + TNF on Twitch and it just will not load

I am limited in my upstream bandwidth and I find that I can't use the iproTV outside my network. So I tried to change the url to remove the ?codec=copy&format=ts to try and get the HLS transcoded stream. But it seems that iproTV is not compatible with that?

Anyone know of a way to get a lower bitstream to iproTV?

&bitrate=2000

Doesn't look like that worked. According to VLC its still not reducing the bitrate?

This is what ended up working for me:
http://<DVRIP>:<DVRPORT>/devices/ANY/channels.m3u?bitrate=1000

I did have to redo all my screens again. I guess it remembers the old URLs.

But now I can use remotely over VPN without buffer issues. Thanks.

I just wanted to rope back around and mention that I've updated software since this post and this issue has been resolved. I'm running the latest version of iProTV on my Mac, and this weekend I also updated to macOS Ventura 13.0.1. And now, when I quit the app, the app actually quits, it's gone from Activity Monitor. The streams are released from Channels DVR. No need to "force-quit" the app to make it really quit.

1 Like

Any trick to getting into the Multiview of iProTV without swiping up? I don't have an Apple remote or device. I am using a Harmony hub remote.

PIP works great, along with two channel time shifting.

Edit...the issue wasn't my remote, I didn't have the player set to Advanced.

Newbie question. I just purchased iProTV and want to use it to view my Reolink security cameras using the multi view functionality. I have an M3U text file and added it to channels successfully so I can see my 8 cameras. When opening iProTV on iPhone for the 1st time it asks me for an M3U URL. I was dangerous enough to create an M3U file...but what is an M3U URL? The file path to the M3U file sitting on my Mac's hard drive? I copied the M3U file to my google drive and got a link to the file...when I put that into iProTV it tells me "Error, unexpected value, value may be nil or do not conform to specs." Can anyone point me in the right direction? I don't know what I'm doing just yet.

Thank You!

Ben

1 Like

Try this, just replace the DVRIP with your Channels DVR's local IP address:

1 Like

That did the trick! It sees everything channels sees! How cool! Now all I gotta do is learn about M3U files, M3U URLs, etc so I can do more with this amazing app! Can you suggest any resources for me to get a better understanding of these files?

Thank You so much!

Ben

1 Like
1 Like

Of interest, the YouTube TV app is finally getting the rumored "mosaic" view launched, just in time for NCAA March Madness and NFL Sunday Ticket. It'll be compared to Fubo's MultiView, which is a cool feature indeed.

The processing required happens on YouTube's servers. "When [multiview] is streamed to them, their device sees only one live feed, instead of two or four."
They did that in order to work with a widest audience of streaming devices out there. Unfortunately the feature will only be available with a pre-selection of channel grids, at least at the beginning. No mixing and matching whatever channels you want for multiview, YouTube TV does say customizable multiview is on the roadmap too, though. Hopefully when all of those features are available, the interface is as elegant and as easy as Fubo's and ESPN's (and PS Vue before that) have been on AppleTV for years. We'll see.

I, of course, just dropped YTTV, but this will come in handy.

That being said, the speed and quality of their staggered rollouts has been horrendous. I'd be livid if i needed this for the NCAAs, and couldn't get it.

4 TVs solves this problem :slight_smile:

Here’s another multiview app I’ve been using during March Madness. You can add up to 16 streams 4x4 grid. Currently, multiview only works on tvOS and it’s coming to iOS later.

1 Like

Very cool @sok, thanks for mentioning it. Is that in the current tvOS release or is that a beta? Asking because I just downloaded it from the App Store, synced with Channels DVR for my channel listing, and played around a bit. Then I subscribed to the Full plan (at least for a month) to unlock the "multi-channels player" functionality you're talking abhout. But I'm not seeing it anywhere, I don't see how to invoke it?! I added a small handful of channels to a Favorites list and I'm enjoying the interface but I can't see anything about multi-channels anywhere. My account is labelled as "Full". What else should I try?

I also don't see where/how to enter my XMLTV guide data so that's populated in this app too. I tried clicking their support links but it didn't lead me to any useful information. Thanks for the mention and any followup instructions you may share. I appreciate it!

Try IPTVX - YouTube

About 9 minutes into this one Multi-channels, new features and new player infra - YouTube

To invoke multiview mode just press and hold on the current channel and there should be menu pop to add additional channel.

If you swipe from left to right to create a new playlist or there should be a menu bottom right corner to bring up setup menu. For the URL playlist use HLS stream.m3u8 link.

Thanks, that helps a lot, I'm getting the hang of it now. I'm able to build the grid, pretty cool. Once it is set up, it's certainly the easiest of the multview apps I've tried so far, to pick channels to include, on-the-fly. Hopefully the developer adds a way to re-arrange the tiles, as well as save a grid template, because exiting the app loses it and then I have to recreate it when I re-launch. On the plus side, I set it to pull in 1 day of guide data, and that seems to be working well too.

As far as URL playlist I am using http://x.x.x.x:8089/devices/ANY/channels.m3u?bitrate=1000, that ingested all my channels in one fell swoop, forcing a lower bitrate. But if I want to use the "HLS stream.m3u8 link" you mention, what is the full syntax, please?
I did a search and all I could find were references to individual channels, like so: http://x.x.x.x:8089/devices/ANY/channels/8.1/hls/master.m3u8
(where 8.1 is the one channel for transcoding)

Thanks again, I'm enjoying this small step forward in the "multiview on tvOS dance floor" :man_dancing:

1 Like

That is an HLS playlist,
If you look inside it will show
http://x.x.x.x:8089/devices/ANY/channels/<CH#>/hls/master.m3u8?bitrate=1000

3 Likes

Ah OK cool, thanks, that helps me understand much better. I’ll experiment without limiting the bitrate to compare.

1 Like