Is Channels dead?

Has anyone noticed all the Channels marketing and updates have stopped on Facebook and twitter. I don’t see any other updates on this community either. Is the project dead?

Most likely not. See the DVR progress update post. One of the Devs had a baby and stated he wouldn’t be working on it for a few weeks. Hopefully there’s an update soon.

Regardless the app works better for me than any other HDHomerun app on any platform so I’m happy.

1 Like

Hey guys! The news of our deadness has been exaggerated!

Things have slowed, but not stopped. @papertigers’ explanations are spot on.

I’ve personally felt the same way about our social media presence as you have, @toddw. The problem is, we haven’t really shipped anything to post about. And while it’s probably bad marketing, we figured why spam about nothing unless we have something to talk about :confused:

This is a stark contrast between our earlier days where we were shipping hard and releasing stuff fast. We had plenty to talk and post about. We got the product pretty stable fast though, allowing us to work on longer term projects, hence the long period of quietness.

But don’t fret! We have a bunch of cool stuff coming up, it’s just taking us a bit of time. Thanks for worrying about us! But we’re definitely not :skull:.

3 Likes

Good to hear. :slight_smile: Can you guys give any hint, as to when we can expect a beta. Weeks or months? :slight_smile:

That would ruin the surprise! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Could you release a update with only a other interlacing filter for the flickering problems?

True. Waiting eagerly :grinning:

Never could stand the suspense, always sneeked and opened Christmas presents early. No better in my older age.:smiling_imp:

1 Like

Great news… Thanks for the update!

There will be no Alpha, Beta or final release. The DVR will only be released in the U.S and Canada. They confirmed this in the recent State Of The Union.

. They confirmed this in the recent State Of The Union. There will be no Alpha, Beta or final release. The DVR will only be released in the U.S and Canada.

Hmmm, wouldn’t be nice when the owners of channels gives us a update of the plans they have. Very strange to come with a iOS version, when it was not the plan and the dvr atv version is very little development since last update.

Heya! We just posted an update on our DVR plans last night.

This is incorrect. We announced that the Alpha would be US only, the Beta would be US & Canada, and we would most likely release officially with just US & Canada. This doesn’t mean it will be US & Canada only forever.

I’m not even interested in this project anymore, because the guide data you get from Gracenote, which will also power your DVR is so bad in so many countries.

Sad users. Move on. Maybe when this show is released there will be better understanding of this app development process.

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/392-4ie5E1KiMbex3Euw_C54cjQ=/144x0:970x551/1280x854/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/50100961/Screen_Shot_2016-07-13_at_8.02.22_AM.0.0.png

Well you can check how bad the data is for several countries. https://community.getchannels.com/t/guide-data-with-the-ios-app/164/6

And devs won’t do anything to fix this.