Is it possible to use an “Or” conditional for an advanced pass?

@maddox +1 on this. I use this a LOT in lieu of not having to define every channel I want or don't want. I have existing passes that are using channel < 100 to narrow it to OTA recordings. My existing passes are OK but I can't create new conditions with <>.

Avoiding ATSC 3.0 channels

< 100

Instead of CONTAINS or EXCLUDES

1 Like

Just don't remove Channel CONTAINS and Channel EXCLUDES
They are also useful

Would like to see
Channel ==
Channel !=
Channel <
Channel >
Channel CONTAINS
Channel EXCLUDES

Thanks @maddox

2 Likes

:+1:

2 Likes

How can I create a pass which will record if either or both of the last two conditions is/are true?

Tags==New
TeamIDs==440
Title CONTAINS Red Wings Broadcast

Since the ORed components are different conditions, you would be best served by using 2 separate passes: one for the TeamID and one for the Title, but both set for New.

1 Like

That’s what I ended up doing but would rather have one single pass. I hope this is something the devs will consider adding in the future. Thank you for the suggestion :grinning:.

Contains channel > 5.1
Contains channel < 51.3

That allows me to make a rule for all my antenna stations without doing a contains for each and every channel. Theres like 100 antenna stations.

I use it for recording antenna movies.

1 Like

Would you please consider adding the ability to use conditionals for multiple categories?

Example: TeamIDs==440
Title CONTAINS Red Wings Broadcast

Right now both conditions must be true so no matches are found which forces me to use two separate passes each using one of these conditions. If these conditions were optional I could accomplish this with a single pass…

It's not simple to change this behavior, so creating multiple passes is likely the only option.

How do I make an advanced pass that records the first two seasons and the last one of an eight season series?

I used to be able to use:
SeasonNumber CONTAINS 1
SeasonNumber CONTAINS 2
SeasonNumber CONTAINS 8.

Now, when I use:
SeasonNumber < 3
SeasonNumber > 7

Only Seasons 1 and 2 are recorded.

CONTAINS is the only way to do ORs

If its missing from the web UI that's a bug. I will fix it for SeasonNumber

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation, maybe this will come in the future… :grinning:

Just curious about your use case.
Do you have sources that display Red Wings games using the Title "Red Wings Broadcast" ?
Gracenote EPG sources (HDHR tuners and TVE) will use the Title "NHL Hockey" and the Event Title displays the teams, like "Detroit Red Wings at Toronto Maple Leafs".

ESPN Plus docker uses those types of titles

1 Like

Correct :grinning:. That’s why it looks so different…

So a Team Pass doesn't work with ESPN Plus docker?

No, because it doesn't use Gracenote/TMS TeamIDs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.