Is there a free way to use the DVR feature?

I find Jellyfin to be a basic DVR nothing special no advanced passes and no Close Captions on Clients.

Advanced passes is a great feature ... I do not have to search for New shows to record in prime time ... I let the DVR do that.

Example My Prime-Time advanced pass...

Conditions
Tags == New 
Title != SIGN OFF 
Channel CONTAINS 2.1 
Channel CONTAINS 6.1 
Channel CONTAINS 8.1 
Channel CONTAINS 12.1 
Channel CONTAINS 32.1 
Time CONTAINS 7pm 
Time CONTAINS 8pm 
Time CONTAINS 9pm 
Time CONTAINS 10pm 
Genres EXCLUDES News 
1 Like

CC works with JF. I don't know any issues you got with using it. Jellycon can play them. Alternatively, you could just use comskip or ccextractor to output the file to srt to play em elsewhere. I don't watch many primetime shows so the basic DVR features is all I need...

1 Like

I do not care to extract the SRT ... on the FireTV client there is no way to turn on CC that I saw. If the DVR does not have any smart/advanced passes I do not care for it. If I want to record Horror Movies on a certain Channel like IFC 781 uncensored/uncut full movies I want the DVR to find them.

There are "free" ways but the guide data and user experience/interface/integration is always the sticking point and what you are really paying for. Channels DVR is by far the best all-around experience. The $8 per month is about the cost of a single coffee/latte these days and IMHO one hell of a lot more useful and valuable to me.

1 Like

This is blasphemy.

NOTHING is more important than coffee.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.