Is there an easy way to find duplicates?

I have several movies with multiple versions, often due to re-compression or replacement of older files. Sometimes, when I click on a movie in Virtual Channels, it won't play because I've actually deleted the older version. For example, I had two versions of Deadpool 2 , and one of them wasn't actually in Finder anymore. Is there an easy way to find duplicates? or do need to just scan thumbnails of my entire library?

One way I can think of is to export your movie list to a CSV file so that you can filter in a spreadsheet program.

This can be done with OliveTin for Channels.

Also, on the server, you can go to Settings > General > Library Database > Maintenance > Manage Recordings Database and see Missing/Deleted. This doesn't show you the file paths though.

There is no way to find duplicate content.

One way to avoid half of your issue is to not delete things from the file system. Delete them from Channels. Oherwise, Channels DVR Server doesn't know they're gone and will still think they're in your library.

Having already done it, you can use Prune Removed Media in your Settings > Sources > Personal Media section to remove anything from your library that is not found on disk. Though this only works for imported Personal Media.

Best advice! I found that out the hard way too. :laughing:

Thanks. It happens because im usually doing my managing from plex and deleting there an occasionally forgetting to come back into channels and delete. I will try this method. thanks

thanks!