Judder issue after skipping adverts?

Is it possible to capture what’s happening in a video?

I shall try, though it’s very subtle so not sure how well it will capture. It looks very very similar to watching 25fps content at 60hz, with the associated frame drop/skip every second.

I’m away all week so I wouldn’t be able to try to capture anything until the weekend. Though this past weekend I noticed a particularly bad instance of it. I was watching BBC2HD live, just some regular programme. I continued watching without pausing and the next programme was a film. When the film started the judder was particularly awful, and pausing didn’t help at all. I had to completely back out to the guide and then start again and then it was fine.

I’m guessing that when the characteristics of the stream change (how it’s encoded, number of audio channels, bit rate, etc), maybe the decoder gets a bit confused? That may be way it’s particularly noticeable going from an advert back to the regular programme, or in my case last weekend going from regular programming to a film.

1 Like

Was there any further progress with this? I still see the same thing happening at times, particularly the scenario that stoli412 mentions above…

Still happening for me, and I’ve given up trying to figure out what the issue is. Usually skipping backwards fixes it…for a while.