Letting the server machine sleep (macOS)

I just installed the helper.

I sort of have the opposite issue as above…my iMac wakes up VERY frequently when accessing the app from my Apple TV. It’s in a common place in our house that lights up our whole bedroom if it’s late at night.

Normally, my machine is set to have the display sleep, but it doesn’t go to sleep. Is there a way to optimize the DVR client to not need the screen to wake up?

What version of macOS?

Saw this issue on Sierra and High Sierra

My iMac also wakes with screen on lighting up my spare room, which is not ideal. Channels DVR appears to be the culprit, is there anyway of preventing this? Thanks

I just got an iMac so I’ll try this out and see what’s going on.

2 Likes

Thanks! This is still a frequent issue for me

I see the issue, one of the API methods we are using turns the display on. Will fix.

1 Like

Great!! Thank you!

Okay this should be fixed. Please try the new test DVR build with the fix, by opening the DVR settings web page on a desktop and then hold down the SHIFT key and click “Check For Updates”

1 Like

There were a lot of improvements here in the last week. The DVR will no longer keep the display on, and will more reliably record shows after waking up automatically.

Please let me know if things are working as expected now, or if there are still any issues present.

All working great for me since the update, thanks really appreciate it.

1 Like

I know this is a very old thread but I am having this issue on my Mac. I keep the screen display off but the Channels DVR server turns it on several times a day and throughout the night. Any other fix available for this issue?

What does the DVR log say?

1 Like

Submitted logs here: 89305b3c-04cb-4847-8869-1465a50428b2

Here is a screen grab of the Mac System Report showing the "Wake" or "Power On" for com.getchannels.dvr

It turns the monitor power on every night at 8:56 pm which is what I am trying to get it to stop.

1 Like

You could remove the wake helper I guess

How would I do that?

The Mac never sleeps. It is just set to turn the display off after 30 minutes of no use. Hard drives don't power down at all. Would turning the wake helper off cause it to miss recordings or any other issues?

If the mac doesn't sleep then you don't need the wake helper.

OK thanks. I ran that. I will see what happens at 8:56 pm tonight.

Just an update that the above fixed the issue.