Local content support for m4v or movpkg files

I have a number of movies purchased on iTunes over the years that I'd like to setup as 'Local Content' for playback on Channels.. I was able download these on Mac Mini Channels DVR machine using ITunes - mini is running macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Channels is able to load the artwork and view metadata/etc - however when attempting playback it is having problems.. I'm sending along diagnostics. Image of the video details are below:

Any tips?

If these are iTunes purchases, the files are DRMed and can't be played outside the iTunes or Apple TV apps.

You could list them in your Channels library but then have your movies open in the Apple TV app for playback, using Stream Links.

2 Likes

thanks for the tip @alai - Stream Links makes sense and I'll try that out

Any idea how to track down the specific URL for the movies I've purchased from Apple? Maybe some network/packet sniffing? BTW - laughing a bit here - i actually have a friend that's been working on Apple TV for several years now so I could probably bug him.

iTunes link tool

great - thanks for the info @tmm1

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.